x10.bz reputation: a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

theislandcrew

Reaction score
I usually rely on Web of Trust (WoT) for my surfing habit. The domain x10.bz came up clean in their reputation database.

However, the x10.bz domain has been blacklisted by at least a few well-known web safety product providers including McAfee and TrendMicro. Users of their security software subsequently are prevented from accessing any x10.bz subdomains. My understanding is that there are lots of malicious emergent x10.bz subdomains but it is not logical for x10.bz domain to be blacklisted in general. I'm wondering if there's any solution for this problem.

Thanks for your time. :)

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I appreciate your concern.

But,you can avoid using them.

What matters is the .x10hosting.com domain.
And it is in "GREEN" zone,right?

x10 Admins do their best to monitor the free sites by placing stringent but valid conditions.

Check this out:
https://x10hosting.com/tos.php

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I usually rely on Web of Trust (WoT) for my surfing habit. The domain x10.bz came up clean in their reputation database.

However, the x10.bz domain has been blacklisted by at least a few well-known web safety product providers including McAfee and TrendMicro. Users of their security software subsequently are prevented from accessing any x10.bz subdomains. My understanding is that there are lots of malicious emergent x10.bz subdomains but it is not logical for x10.bz domain to be blacklisted in general. I'm wondering if there's any solution for this problem.

Thanks for your time. :)

Blame McAfee and TrendMicro - we've told them in the past that we're a free hosting provider and that each x10hosting.com, x10.bz, and all the other subdomains we offer are separate websites ran by separate users.

They don't listen; we do our best to get the junk off the service, but sadly some get through because no one reports them to us first.

theislandcrew

Reaction score
@MeastroFX1: By "avoid using them", you mean the free x10 domains, right?

@Livewire: Thanks for the response. At least I know x10hosting has acted. I submitted a request for rating review also. Haven't got a reply since.

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@MeastroFX1: By "avoid using them", you mean the free x10 domains, right?

@Livewire: Thanks for the response. At least I know x10hosting has acted. I submitted a request for rating review also. Haven't got a reply since.
NO NO NO
Why would I say so?
By them I meant McAfee and TrendMicro.
If I remember correctly, we used get the same from AVG(toolbar).

Just use basic logic when browsing.

.x10hosting.com = safe
yourdomain.x10.mx = safe
yourdomain.x10.bz = safe

theislandcrew

Reaction score
NO NO NO
Why would I say so?
By them I meant McAfee and TrendMicro.
If I remember correctly, we used get the same from AVG(toolbar).

Just use basic logic when browsing.

.x10hosting.com = safe
yourdomain.x10.mx = safe
yourdomain.x10.bz = safe

Ah, I see. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

I don't use their products but many others do and that seriously affects the traffic and userbase of my forum. For instance, my cousin in the USA refused to enter the forum because of the warning from her TrendMicro suite. It's not a trivial matter.

theislandcrew

Reaction score
As Livewire said, what can you do ?They(McAfee and TrendMicro and AVG) just don't listen.
You can't control their products.

Possible solutions:
1.Use your own domain.
2.Use x10 premium service : http://x10premium.com/
For more information:
http://x10hosting.com/free-hosting-comparison

Thanks for the conversation by the way.

I noticed that http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/x10.bz shows that the owner comment is blank. I'm unsure if I should trouble the admin to leave a comment there and see if anything will change.

I'll consider your suggestions. Either of them seems to be the working solution for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.