Should there be a Lottery?

• Yes

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters

zapzack

Reaction score
I think there should be a weekly or daily lottery for credits.. Where users could purchase tickets and then a random ticket is picked and that user gets a large amount of credits. What do you guys think?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
This would be a nice little idea.

secretply

Reaction score
Sure I'm in. I've seen this on other websites so why not have it here? I could use some credits for a domain. :drool:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Check out my sig ;o) I've done it before (check out previous threads that I've started here), so I guess that could establish some sort of trust that I'm not gonna just run off with the credits. Not that I could do anything with them anyway!

Feel free to spread this, but if you do, please use the sn.im URL, as it has a simple counter. The more the merrier! It'll be a similar prize breakdown to the last one, except with 3 winners this time, I just have to work out the winning breakdown percentages.

EDIT: Done.

Copy/paste this code if you wish:
HTML:
[URL="http://sn.im/nxhvk"][IMG]http://sharkyonline.co.cc/raffle/logo.png[/IMG](Click.)[/URL]

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Wouldn't this just sort of be a cheap way for people that are not active on the forums to get lucky, win big, then get free stuff through x10Rewards?

zen-r

Reaction score
Lotteries don't interest me - it's just another form of gambling, which I don't see the point in.

But whilst I wouldn't care for it, I wouldn't see too much harm in you running one for those who wanted to play it.

There might be problems though. Here is the last lottery which was attempted here, & cancelled shortly thereafter ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/forum-games/98823-x10-lottery-20-credits-per-entry-apply-within.html.

So, you'd need to check the rules & get it all squared up by staff before attempting to run one.

Personally though, I think that if people want to gain more credits, they're better off doing it the respectable & time-honoured way : making good posts in the forums, & providing useful services to others in the Marketplace.

Lotteries like the one suggested here will just cause a redistribution of the wealth. For every winner, there is a proportionate number of losers. The chances are, that loser will be you! ;)

taha116

Reaction score
good idea! i think for the benifit of x10hosting hte winner get 100% of the amount spent by other users on the tickets... it should ofcourse be a randomly selected winner not something like you have to get a specific number... or maybe a number of winners... lets say it picks som 3 ppl and then divides it... thatd be kool to.