X10 Forum in eyes of Googlebot

t2t2t

Reaction score
Ever wondered what googlebot sees while visiting site? Heres x10 forum in eyes of googlebot:

usersonline.png

uppermenu.png

I think there are more items there than normally...

fewmoreoptions.png

Some more links for bot... Or just disabled for normal users

wysiwyg_editor.png

That ain't looking same...

I didn't find any more differences, feel free to suggest any more sites to visit as googlebot ;)

t2t2t

Reaction score
Totally same as without googlebot as browser.

Note: Only differences are, what are told by site to bots (like on phpbb3 forums bots wont see register, login and search link)

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I see your forum account not google spider??

Archkronos

Reaction score
Googlebot as well as other spiders HATE my old website. I wouldn't work, the CSS failed seriously and Javascript suck'd.

So, my advice to anyone building a website is to cut-down on JS if you want a google-friendly website.

Oh, and the forums hardly look any different. Odd really.

Cubeform

Reaction score
Doesn't Googlebot use a text-based browser? If you REALLY want your website to appear like Googlebot sees it, your best bet is to use a browser like Lynx and somehow spoof the user-agent to appear as if Googlebot were visiting the site.

Last edited:

KowKing

Reaction score
Doesn't Googlebot use a text-based browser? If you REALLY want your website to appear like Googlebot sees it, your best bet is to use a browser like Lynx and somehow spoof the user-agent to appear as if Googlebot were visiting the site.

You realize you can't explain to him the difference between what the browser sees and what your client is registered as?

t2t2t

Reaction score

Yep.

(I really have nothing more to say, so i am just gonna waste some space here...)

(Upper post:) I knew it myself, too, but forgot about it when posting thread...