x10 free vs. x10premium?

ssdevious98

Reaction score
Greetings,
x10 seems like a nice hosting provider, yes. But I must mention that ever since I installed a forum on my web-page, it's loading like 5 minutes and 9 out of 10 page reloads gives me something like this: "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I honestly know that we as free hosting users should be even grate-full that something like this exists, but this is slowly getting on my nerves. We plan to run a medium sized forum community, but now, it has 3 registered users, 10 posts in it and it won't even load. Just wondering, what is going to happen next, when more users register and more posts will be posted.

I'm getting one error by another and it's just me, testing the page. Don't even want to think, what happens, when other people start to register there.

So, here comes the questions, because I was a little bit ignored in 'Free-Hosting Support Forum'. 1st - can anything be done to fix those annoying crashes? 2nd - most likely these crashes are caused by that fact that it's free and not premium and x10 servers always support rather a premium user than a free one and when there's a huge traffic, no wonder that this happens, so if I pay for premium, can somebody guarantee me that this will stop? 3rd - when I pay for premium and the payment period ends, will you erase the page or it will move back to free hosting, with those incredible lags?

Thanks for clearing some things up.

Best Regards,
SS-Totenkopf

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
The free hosting servers are heavily loaded with accounts and they also receive at lot of unintentional as well as intentional abuse. While x10Hosting strives to provide high quality free hosting services and constantly monitors the free hosting servers for abuse and other issues, the free hosting servers and services do not perform as well as the premium services for the reasons stated.

The premium hosting servers have far fewer accounts per server and do not receive the abuse that the free hosting servers receive so premium (paid) service is much more reliable and stable than free hosting. Premium hosting users also receive "premium" support services.

If you move your account to premium hosting your account will remain at premium hosting unless you decide to cancel your premium service and move back to free hosting. It will not be automatically moved back to free hosting at the end of the payment period, but, obviously, if you fail to continue paying for your premium hosting there may be other consequences.

I hope I have answered your questions but if you have any other questions just post back and either myself or another member of the community support team will be very happy to assist you farther.

Last edited:

ssdevious98

Reaction score
Thank you.

That cleared a lot of things. I think that would be all.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Actually, two things came to my mind after all. It's the last thing, before I stop bothering you and get the premium package.

I know, this might sound quite ridiculous, but when I get the premium hosting, I'm actually only buying better FTP storage, right? No .com or .net included, am I correct?

And the forum user name, any chance to change it? I mean, I get a premium package, might that allow such customization? Or all accounts, no matter of what are randomly generated, e.g. ssdevious98 instead of ssdevious, etc.?

Not that this would anyhow make me change my mind. But anyway, thanks for the answers.

Best Regards,
SS-Totenkopf

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Thank you.

That cleared a lot of things. I think that would be all.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Actually, two things came to my mind after all. It's the last thing, before I stop bothering you and get the premium package.

I know, this might sound quite ridiculous, but when I get the premium hosting, I'm actually only buying better FTP storage, right? No .com or .net included, am I correct?

And the forum user name, any chance to change it? I mean, I get a premium package, might that allow such customization? Or all accounts, no matter of what are randomly generated, e.g. ssdevious98 instead of ssdevious, etc.?

Not that this would anyhow make me change my mind. But anyway, thanks for the answers.

Best Regards,
SS-Totenkopf

A free domain is included if you choose a 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years billing cycle. If you pay 3 years, you also get a free dedicated IP and SSL certificate. See: http://x10premium.com/buynow.php

Forum accounts are entirely separate from premium accounts. You do not need a forum account linked to your premium hosting accounts, unlike free hosting.

Last edited: