X10 Hosting Best Free Hosting Yet?

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
x10hosting is the best host i've ever seen :)

wasif

Reaction score
i think x10 is best free hosting that i have used so far
but there is downtime sometimes, but hey
you can except that from free hosting.

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
This downtimes are not usuals...
There are having some problems, but they will be resolved soon, i hope.. :)

nightwing00

Reaction score
Yeahh...hope those problems will get fixed soon. But other than that, I love x10hosting! Seriously, I think it's even better than most paid hosts. It's fast, it's feature-ific, it's friendly, and best of all, it's free!

Thanks to the admins for keeping it going!

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, really...
And also has a good bandwith and a good disc space...
Also MySQL, etc etc... If i keep talking about all the things it has i won't finish in a long time lol :p
Thanks Corey and staff for this great hosting :)

linglingzero

Reaction score
I've had random up and downs on my site too, liek right now my cpanel doesn't even work anymore...

but besides that, thank you Corey for the awesome hosting.

Hetic06

Reaction score
that is what i heard from my friend also, you guys are great hosting service around the world and thanks if you can let me have a host

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
One thing i can say:

x10 Rulez over other hosts
Keep up the good work and staff of x10...

Hetic06

Reaction score
i can see what is really true after getting my hosting account approved, but yeah that is what i heard alot about x10 hosting

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Hetic06 said:
i can see what is really true after getting my hosting account approved, but yeah that is what i heard alot about x10 hosting

You hear too much because of fast support...an active forum...and GREAT HOSTING

Hetic06

Reaction score
oh yeah that was it and there is no posting require for earning host though

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Hetic06 said:
oh yeah that was it and there is no posting require for earning host though

Yes but you have to visit forums every two weeks to keep your hosting due to the fabulis system that Corey and the developers put together.

Also post 4 host waists more space if anything becuase it makes you use your bandwith.

Hetic06

Reaction score
ok that is cool but why wasting your bandwith when there is posting 4 host around

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Hetic06 said:
ok that is cool but why wasting your bandwith when there is posting 4 host around

Because hosts are making you go to there forums and that uses bandwith...so post 4 host just uses more bandwith because if you have 4,000 memebers on a foum every day x by like 1 MB per page thats 4,000 MB of bandwith..then lets times that by say 50 pages...you just used 200 GB of bandiwth in one day then times that by 30 for a month and you have 6 TB of bandwith right there...so the end user gets less:(

Hetic06

Reaction score
oh i never thought of that could be, so why those posting 4 host services dont think about this just like me ahem ...LOL

arcdemon

Reaction score
I recently came from one of the most annoying post-for-host services that needed 100 posts every month.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
All that needs to be said is x10 rule the host world and just like Ferrari and Schumacher ...THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE - X10 ROCK.

Last edited:

poringy

Reaction score
blong4life said:
Because hosts are making you go to there forums and that uses bandwith...so post 4 host just uses more bandwith because if you have 4,000 memebers on a foum every day x by like 1 MB per page thats 4,000 MB of bandwith..then lets times that by say 50 pages...you just used 200 GB of bandiwth in one day then times that by 30 for a month and you have 6 TB of bandwith right there...so the end user gets less:(

Actually, it doesn't really work like that. Each page is equivalent to 150KB to 200KB. They're really not that big. Also, the layout of the site, including some of the pictures, are cached. What is cached? That means that your computer keeps a copy of the site's contents so you don't have to redownload it, thus saving page load time and bandwidth. Plus, since most forum software uses PHP, there is a compression feature that you can use to save even more bandwidth(pretty sure most people are using it). I would say that a forum with frequently used attachments will use a ton of bandwidth, though.

---

Just don't forget that time isn't a free thing. Spending 10 hours for clicking on adverts to get 1000pts(equivalent of US$8) on a site like ezrewards isn't a good deal. I could work for minimum wage and get that same amount of money in two hours. In ten hours at minimum wage, I can get US$50 at the least. Now, just think about that for a second. Every Corey spends on the free server, he loses the amount of money he can get from a good job. Let's say he was able to get US$25 an hour. If he spends 60 hours a month on the free server, then he loses US$1000.

Plus... don't forget the bandwidth used, the server costs, daily checkup and maintenance, etc. All of that should be worth about $1500 a month. So... after a whole year, $18,000 will have been used up for other people that might just get mad at the downtimes.

I'm planning to sign up for the X10 business server in the end of this month. All the other hosts don't look as favorable as x10hosting. Sure, some might have high tech security sites, backup power generators, and all sorts of gadgetry... but is it anything if you don't have a good community to ask for support and new features? Nah.

The only thing I'm afraid of is whether x10hosting will run out of business because all of the costs and time used on the free server. :)

Last edited:

Hetic06

Reaction score
poringy said:
Actually, it doesn't really work like that. Each page is equivalent to 150KB to 200KB. They're really not that big. Also, the layout of the site, including some of the pictures, are cached. What is cached? That means that your computer keeps a copy of the site's contents so you don't have to redownload it, thus saving page load time and bandwidth. Plus, since most forum software uses PHP, there is a compression feature that you can use to save even more bandwidth(pretty sure most people are using it). I would say that a forum with frequently used attachments will use a ton of bandwidth, though.

I'm planning to sign up for the X10 business server in the end of this month. All the other hosts don't look as favorable as x10hosting. Sure, some might have high tech security sites, backup power generators, and all sorts of gadgetry... but is it anything if you don't have a good community to ask for support? Nah.

The only thing I'm afraid of is whether x10hosting will run out of business because all of the costs and time(a very big deal) used on the free server. :)

thanks for the explain, btw is the x10 business server you said for free or you have to pay for it, if it is charging how much you have to pay for a month

poringy

Reaction score
The business server is not free, but it has really good reliability. US$6 a month is nothing for a teenager that works once a week at a place like Quiznos or any other minimum wage location. I currently work for 4 hours a week. In a month, I get about $90. Now... is $6 really worth so much?

The only reason I would see why someone wouldn't want to pay that 'much' would be:
1) Underage children's parents won't allow money to be 'wasted'.
Arguments to use as good reasons:
You can say that the time used/wasted to wait for free hosting could be used for school study time. If the parents say that it really is just a waste of time, you can say that it's a hobby, there is potential to get money from adverts, teaches you management skills, etc. There are so many benefits for just US$6. $6 is worth 2 bags of candy, the power used for an oven, the energy to sustain ice in a refrigerator, a ticket to the movies, etc. Plus, remember that this applies for a whole month, not just a daily or weekly thing. If you think that this is a lot for a whole, then you can try to stop doing a lot of things... such as using the computer, eating at a restaurant, gobbling junk food, etc.

Last edited: