X10 hosting downtime a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazycat506

Reaction score
I am a long time user of X10 hosting, however one thing bugs me and that is that the servers are off/down a lot of the time, its not just me. Every site on their servers are down at the same time as mine, could someone please explain why?!

3viewer

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm seeing the same with my site...

http://3viewer.elementfx.com/

It's a community site in it's early stages, but with so much downtime people are going to give up on it.

The whole site is currently down, citing that the MySQL database isn't available :frown:

Before today it's been painfully slow at times. Bit of a shame. I tried Zymic's free hosting which was a bit better on the uptime, but didn't have all the features I needed to run a Joomla installation.

Any word on why we're hitting all these issues & whether they'll get sorted?

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
The free hosting servers all have many accounts and many users. The free servers also receive a lot of abuse, (either intentional or unintentional). These factors can cause the free hosting servers to run slowly occasionally or even go down every now and then. There is also some maintenance, (inactive account deletion), happening on the free servers.

3viewer

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Carl. It's a shame a minority spoil it for the rest of us. I totally understand that's it's other accounts causing the issue. Shame nothing much can be done about it, so that if their code or queries misbehave then it'll throttle them back or kill the process.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Carl. It's a shame a minority spoil it for the rest of us. I totally understand that's it's other accounts causing the issue. Shame nothing much can be done about it, so that if their code or queries misbehave then it'll throttle them back or kill the process.

Corey is working on installing something that only allows users their fair share of resources, so it should be improving SOON :)

~Callum

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
And I think MySQL is down at the moment, I haven't a clue why.

I've told staff.

~Callum

Status
Not open for further replies.