X10 Read this

Status
Not open for further replies.

XColl

Reaction score
Theres a host that I used to help but that host backstabbed me into giving him the free version of IPB, which was illegal to distributed. Thats a long time ago.

Now, he can't afford getting licenses nor the forum itself and I know this. When I go this forums, he has the latest version of IPB, and has the copyright thing under his host.

I know he's downloaded it illegally so I investigated more. When I invisitgated, I "joined" a few warez forum that he was joining, and yes I was stalking him down, so I looked around on how they were making it "Legal", and I found that they were using a MYSQL code to disguise the trial link and make it like they own it.

I did a experiment and it acually worked. I provise that all X10Hosting staff that they should look into websites with IPB 2.1.6 or lower, and do the IPSCHECK thing. Won't work on the newer version but 2.0.4 ones work. If the numbers seem like a serial, it shouldn't be, they used the code to hide it.

Theres two ways to do this. Using a fake key, and using the code.

I've already PMed one of the workers on Invisionpowered.com on the forums like a long time ago, but never responded back.

If i'm allowed, I'll show proof that you can really do this if one doesn't believe me.

EDIT: The reason why I posed this is because I know most of members here are doing it, and the staff should know this.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks for notifying us; I'm pretty sure the account creators will love this

Chris Z

Reaction score
lol NO DO NOT DO THIS HAHAHA jk lol i don't have any illegal IPB license :)

Cynical

Reaction score
Try adding ?ipscheck=1&key=ipscheck$1@@ right after index.php in the URL, it SHOULD return their license key. You can then check the legal owner of that key (if it even returns one).

Of course, they may have found a way around this check, AND I think it works on IPB 2.x only.

XColl

Reaction score
Cynical said:
Try adding ?ipscheck=1&key=ipscheck$1@@ right after index.php in the URL, it SHOULD return their license key. You can then check the legal owner of that key (if it even returns one).

Of course, they may have found a way around this check, AND I think it works on IPB 2.x only.

Wow thanks, I reported him and thanks Bryon for the link.

I thought that link was dead somehow. :lol:

Afterburn

Reaction score
Well its not like its gonna stop people from using WAREZ. I found out that myself, specially with vBulletin. But all you guys can try and do is have your members report whenever they are creating a forum community and then you guys can verify if its legal.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I already notified staff here about someone using an illegal IPB but they never responded back to me or did anything about it.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=16576

This person was supsended for a CGIProxy on this site and was told "I'm going to unsuspend the account. If I find anything against the TOS. or Proxies or anything on there again it will be terminated with out telling you.". Well I posted this: http://forums.x10hosting.com/showpost.php?p=108866&postcount=14 and nobody ever responded.

I also PMed an admin here but I don't remember who, but I know I reported the post for someone to see it. But still, nobody looked at it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.