x10hosting as a subdomain & .htaccess

WyrGecko

Reaction score
I'll have to see if I can explain what I'm doing clearly enough with random domain names and such. I'm trying to figure out some DNS/domain concepts. I know the basics, but I haven't done much with sub-domains.

It's theoretical to see what's possible.
I also know that I can just have all the files and such transferred over (and get help for it) but assume that I don't want to, yet. It'll be easier to assume that both are on x10 with the cPanel; I know that we can only have one account.

Say that...
New domain & different server: test.com
Old location/File & page repository: test.x10hosting.com

Is it possible to set it up so that test.com/old/ reads everything from test.x10hosting.com? (So, test.com/x10/stuff would be reading from test.x10hosting.com/stuff.) What would I need to modify to do that?

If that's possible, how do I add the .htaccess redirect (or something else?) for test.x10hosting.com/ to test.com/old/ without messing with file access (since test.com/x10/ is reading from it)?

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Hello, I don't know how to do that?

But I will suggest you to take backup(you can compress and download your files using cPanel file manager) of your one account and ask for deletion of it.This will delete your x10 subdomain associated with it too, then you can add this subdomain in your another account.This is more legal and easy way to do this.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If by "different server" you mean different computers (and the files aren't on a shared drive), it's not possible. The Apache web server can only serve up. If you mean "different sites, hosted under different accounts", it's not possible with the current set-up as global access is disallowed for home directories, for security purposes. You can only serve files from different sites under the same account.

WyrGecko

Reaction score
I was thinking that it sounded strange... thanks for clarifying that part :).

How would it be done with different domains under the same account?