x10hosting closing?

rimjim_bristi200549

Reaction score
Now I know this may come off strange but I was wondering why I'm unable access x10hosting's main page since roughly 2 days. When I type the URL, I'm shown a page that is normally associated with domains that have not yet been taken. I get redirected to a URL like this:

Code:
http://fileinxt.com/?dn=x10powered.com&fp=w%2FV89GmI%2Bh3trPG0m5hRlDhJVYrSjWuxq2U82OBfkS6tquL4yJUX4%2F1rWWMI4e9CZBsqWJmOzqMOiJwPTXGJUQ%3D%3D&prvtof=8JJdGpktlTZR7DyuIS2D70kd2%2FHqfuOsQfi2eg5hAiGt92FfLUSwYzI9v%2FpWHGve&poru=l%2FU4fjFCAjzXeUG5ipTH1ecT9KdOukyatXf47hiGCFzALUF4JRh2POs6EZD9Fuii6%2FOEFp1yVXeImyf1T%2FKvueUjU21H8APVc%2FBuKQ1gwvg%3D&cifr=1&flrdr=yes&nxte=js

But I'm still able to access the forums as usual, and all other sites I visit regularly are working just fine.

I'm very confused, is x10hosting closing down or something? Or is there a problem on my end?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
It would have to be a problem somewhere on your end at least for the time being. I haven't had any issues reaching anything on x10Hosting, and an official announcement would have been posted if x10 were actually shutting down. x10 is alive and well, and definitely won't be going anywhere anytime soon :)

rimjim_bristi200549

Reaction score
Well that's a relief. Any clues as to what might be causing this? I've tested on another connection (different ISP) I have at home, same issue there :(

edit: Tested with a proxy, site loads up fine :(

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
First thing I'd try to do is try alternate DNS servers. Instead of using your ISP's servers for example, you could use Google's DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or Level3's servers at 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 .

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually Smith, not to be a nay-say or anything, we noticed this on IRC too.

We accidentally let a domain name expire; it's been fixed but the "expired" DNS records still are gunna take a bit to get worked back out of the system with the "renewed" updates :)

EDIT: Also in case it wasn't clear, it wasn't -intentionally- let to expire, it just got forgotten. We're not going anywhere yet at least :)

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Actually Smith, not to be a nay-say or anything, we noticed this on IRC too.

We accidentally let a domain name expire; it's been fixed but the "expired" DNS records still are gunna take a bit to get worked back out of the system with the "renewed" updates :)

EDIT: Also in case it wasn't clear, it wasn't -intentionally- let to expire, it just got forgotten. We're not going anywhere yet at least :)

Didn't know that, but I might not have been around at an ideal time to find that out too.