x10hosting deleted administrator file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello
I am running Joomla 1.6.0 and this morning noticed I could not login to the admin backend. Received a 404 error and checked through cpanel to see what was up and noticed x10hosting had deleted the administrator folder. Reloaded the folder and everything worked fine after that. I just got home from work and tried to login and you have deleted the folder again.
What is going on here. No one else has access to the site unless your security system is letting someone through.
Please let me know what you find out.
Another problem I am having is when I try to install an extension I have been getting a The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

Thanks

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I show you have no hosting account linked to this forum account. I am going to request a staff member look into this problem first. A staff member will be able to see why the files were deleted as well. My guess is that it was related to the massive data transfers and not security.

Reaction score
The account might look like it not linked but during the Joomla install I was given the choice with Fantastico between vermontwebsolutions.x10.mx and vermontwebsolutions.com and I went the later route.I figured this might be due to the data move and posted to make sure that was the case. As for the extension install issue do you think this is the case also.Thanks Again

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup it's from Boru's SAN move; your hosting account is linked to vBulletin username allan.upham3059 with the x10.mx domain.

What happened is because of how many files there are, we do it in two steps:

1) Sync the current files to the SAN. At this point, the data is "Stale," some of it having been updated. If you have a fresh account or just made some massive changes, the Stale data is missing all of those changes/additions. However, for speed concerns, the switch to the SAN is made, which also means all the disk load goes to the SAN, freeing the original server up for step 2.
2) Resync the current files to the SAN again. This updates the Stale data with all the changes that were done on the server between the start of the sync and the SAN switch.

If it all goes according to plan, what -should- happen is you'll be viewing the file manager and suddenly the files will show back up like they were always there. Just depends how long it takes to do the second sync.

Reaction score
Hello Livewire
Do you have any idea why the extensions won't install. If this is a temporary thing I can wait. This site and business is new and once I get some accounts I want to move to a paid hosting account and put my clients on x10hosting also.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.