X10hosting has indecent ads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinematic

Reaction score
Hey X10hosting staff,
I want to complain about the ads on the ad based campaign, they don't work a lot of the time (blank) and if they do, that's fine except this one time where I got really indecent ad (promoting a x-rated movie of some sort) now I run a decent site so I don't want anything to do with that stuff. Please check your google-ads account... Because this is crazy:nuts:. As for the rest, I'm really happy with the service here, only that ad problem.:biggrin:

QuwenQ

Reaction score
It's Yahoo! ads, and without a proper ad report we can't do much.

cinematic

Reaction score
I can't remember it exactly but it featured the letters P O R and N I don't know if that rings any bells. I just don't think you should adult stuff in those yahoo ads, there must be a way to choose what ads they put on your site?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I use ad-block that will block all ad-based images and ad generating scripts (along with helping the pop-up blocker out a bit), that is updated with a new filter every week. Besides, I've blocked the ad servers throughout my home network anyways with my Linux system in the basement routing the data here (no ads, even on a plain, old IE with a fresh install and no software on a computer blocking anything), to every device that connects to it, so I don't see those ads.

(and I'm not unblocking any ad servers or ad-generating scripts. I don't need them deploying crap/even showing, cluttering stuff up and slowing rendering time on web pages).

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I can't remember it exactly but it featured the letters P O R and N I don't know if that rings any bells. I just don't think you should adult stuff in those yahoo ads, there must be a way to choose what ads they put on your site?

Again, without knowing exactly what the ad said ( and having someone spell P O R and N really doesn't help us narrow down the ad to notify Yahoo or Google or anyone else that we may have a advertising with )

So if anyone else notices this ad, please try and get a screen capture of it and send it to me and I will notify Corey and the Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.