x10hosting Wiki? [Suggestion]

misterspock

Reaction score
Hey you x10hosting staff, did you ever consider in making a Wiki for x10hosting? It will be convenient for all of us. That's all I can say.

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
That would be a nice idea. You could put instructions for adding the ad codes in various types of pages, common problems with solutions, etc.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
We do have TOS thing you can use that???

Kay

Reaction score
I dont think there is a point setting up a Wiki for x10hosting. because all someone has to do is post a website will all the things that new members need to know, and we also have these forums.

dyfuse

Reaction score
I'd say that a Wiki would be an easier and more manageable layout for the most (and least) common problems and information that is required for members of x10hosting. It would allow for a concise search of answers - basically an efficient knowledge-base system.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I agree.

Someone said the forums. Great. If I was a new user coming to the forum, I see tons of messages, but no real helpful (quick) answer to the basic questions.

Someone also mentioned the TOS. You do realize TOS stands for Terms of Service, not User Guide. TOS is the rules of the company that people signing up are to follow.

Its like getting a new computer. Some people want a manual to read. Which would you prefer :

A. The End User License that is on the software.
B. A user manual to walk you through the basics
C. Told to go to a forum and find the answers there.

Yes, the forum is helpful and the Wiki or a FAQ could have links to the forum to have people ask questions if they don't understand something. But I have seen how this forum works somedays ... sometimes people answer threads that aren't quite the right answer, or the thread never gets answered. ... How helpful is that to someone that just wants a question on setting up a parked domain, add-on domain or e-mail account?

Chris Z

Reaction score
well for basic things in cPanel, they could just look up the cPanel User Manual or the cPanel FAQs, but for ad codes and such, i agree, there should probably be some static page set to tell how to add your ads on a page, however if i do remember correctly, i'm sure there is at least one sticky thread telling how to put ads on and stuff, but idk, i sorta agree but disagree

dyfuse

Reaction score
I suppose the best 'selling' point of having an x10 Wiki is that you can find all you need in one place...and just like Starshine said, you can link to topics within the forum.

Sometimes the forum just has too many similar topics; some not answered/attended to, and some completely filled with unrelated chat....having one place where things like:

- Intro to x10 (maybe, even a background)
- Ad Codes
- TOS
- Info about suspension/unsuspension
- Help for Uploading Files/Deleting Files in your Account
- Help with Setting-Up/Modifying your Account
- [Other Help Topics]
- Info about the forums

...are all in one place, will just make it easier for first time (and long-standing) members to quickly reference what they need.

Then, if any other very specific problem is encountered or clarification is needed, just post on the forums. Then the specific solution could be added to the Wiki as a link to the forum (or added to the help text).

...A Wiki is a good idea, however an amount of time and energy is needed to put it together.