x12 server uptime / speed issues

costas1

Reaction score
At this time I would recommend changing your DNS to fully be handled by our servers. Once that is completed let me know and keep it that way so we can troubleshoot this further. While DNS checkers have their own methods to check DNS itself can take a bit to propagate. Flushing your DNS etc will not always

OK. I just changed the name servers of my Mediawiki .org website to X10hosting's ones once again. If I also have to delete DNSSEC record let me know. (edit: I also deleted the DNSSEC record from my domain name registrar.) Notify me when you have complete testing.

edit No2: I also had an uptime monitor checking both my .org and .com websites every 5 minutes. I changed that to 15 minutes about 12 hours ago. Now I see that my .org website loads fast. Could that be the cause in the first place. Was I crossing a limit with these requests?

In that case should I leave the name servers set to the ones of Cloudflare and check if the problem remains resolved?

Last edited:

Eric S

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am seeing your domain loading perfectly fine for the first time now! This may certainly indicate a DNS and setting issue at cloudflare as I do not see any how any website uptime checker would cause the slow issue we experienced before. If that was the case it would be more sporadic and not all the time.

I can confirm I am seeing the proper A record for our hosting being used at the time of my testing indicating your domain is indeed pointing at our DNS record.

As mentioned before Cloudflare is very picky with its settings especially when utilizing SSL.

I would suggest looking up guides and making troubleshooting steps on cloudflares end if you wish to keep using that service.

costas1

Reaction score
I am seeing your domain loading perfectly fine for the first time now! This may certainly indicate a DNS and setting issue at cloudflare as I do not see any how any website uptime checker would cause the slow issue we experienced before. If that was the case it would be more sporadic and not all the time.

I can confirm I am seeing the proper A record for our hosting being used at the time of my testing indicating your domain is indeed pointing at our DNS record.

As mentioned before Cloudflare is very picky with its settings especially when utilizing SSL.

I would suggest looking up guides and making troubleshooting steps on cloudflares end if you wish to keep using that service.

I also ran my own tests. I again used https://www.webpagetest.org
I ran the tests twice with 9 passes (first and repeat view) each time for both of my websites and I see that the delay exists only for my .com website which uses Cloudflare's name servers but not my .com website which uses X10hosting's name servers.

I guess that makes it clear the problem lies with Cloudflare...

By the way, I mentioned the uptime monitor with the thought that maybe there was a limit in the number of requests after which the origin server was imposing a time penalty.

I will try to troubleshoot the issue with Cloudflare now.

costas1

Reaction score
Is there a way to check which name server was used during a certain website load?

Mediawiki was loading faster immediately after changing to X10hosting's name servers today, but it still continues to load OK more than an 1 hour later, after changing back to Cloudflare and re-enabling DNSSEC.

costas1

Reaction score
The site loads OK for a long period of time now with Cloudflare servers in use. That makes things a little more complicated.

Last edited:

costas1

Reaction score
Further update: I enabled and disabled again the Developer mode in Cloudflare dashboard for both my sites.
Since the moment I enabled the Developer mode (still continuing after its deactivation) both sites load fine. Some bug with Cloudflare's caching maybe? Anyway, till now things are back to normal and I hope they stay this way.