Xbox 360 and Wii Games...?

caramia

Reaction score
For Christmas I've been thinking about adding some new console games to my fiance's and I's collection. We have the typical old systems like NES, SNES, and PS2... But I bought a Wii a couple of months ago, and this morning my fiance got online and ordered an Xbox 360.

She was complaining to me that the only games we had for the Wii were boring to her, so I thought I'd get her some more entertaining games for her to play when I'm not around. So I bought her Medal of Honor: Vanguard and some WWII flight simulator for the Wii, and wrapped them up and now they're under the tree.

I'm stumped though as far as what else to get, because her only other favorite genre is sports. Anyone that knows me also knows that I have no clue about anything sports related, except that the Superbowl is a big deal. She likes football and baseball, but I don't know what's out that is good.

Here's where you guys (hopefully) come in. I need some help on picking good games, and just from reading the reviews on some games they all seem about the same. I don't know if there are even any good sports games for the Wii considering the graphics are so poor in comparison to the Xbox and other systems, but they must have something.

Suggestions for either platform are welcome, and I'd like to spend less than $50 per game if possible-- unless I hear from a couple of people that one game is really to die for and I should spend the extra money on it to have it. :)

I thought maybe I'd invest in the latest Halo. Opinions on that? I've only ever played the first one and never got past "The Flood" level. I'm a weenie!

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Gen

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
If you're into action/FPS, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War, and Halo 3 are a must have for the 360!

I'd honestly sell the Wii (many of my friends got bored of it quickly too; IMO it's more hype than anything). However I imagine kids get a kick out of it..

caramia

Reaction score
Thanks for your input, I personally still enjoy the Wii though I imagine it'll get old sooner or later-- and when it does, it'll get passed down to my much younger brother as a gift. He wants one, too, but has settled for visiting me and playing mine instead. We are all sadly addicted to playing bowling and golf.

I'll look into Call of Duty 4, I've heard some good things about it from other people too. :)

discokidds2

Reaction score
my g/f wants this game "cooking mama :cook off:" to me it looks really fun i haven't played it but looks intrasting. or you could just get some old favorite game cube games for the wii like smash bros. or mario party. also for the wii metroid is pretty sweet.
Edit:
as for 360 i had fun with Halo3, call of duty2(multiplayer), call of duty 3(stoy mode)not really the multiplayer sports on 360 i heard madden 07 was awesome from my friend that is in love with football and has been playing almost every madden. the Biggs is fun baseball game.

Last edited:

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Unless you just don't like FPSs, you can't really go wrong with Halo 3. The story mode can be played in co-op, (2 player split-screen or up to 4 player lan or live). The multiplayer is very solid, and there will always be someone to play against online. Plus the spawn editor (forge) can be very addicting!

Although, the latest Madden (american football) or FIFA (real football) is also a good idea if she is into that sort of thing.