Xbox 360 Ring of Dealth after Halo

eboyer

Reaction score
Alright for all the Halo lovers and players, I got my copy of Halo 3 the day it came out, I played it everyday for a few hours, well on the third day i was horrified to find out that i had the red ring of death. I said to myself, "ok, just my luck." The next day i was talking to someother people and they were having the same issues they got the ring right after they played halo, and some of them just got fixed unit a month ago. Anyone else had this phenomenon?

Cowen

Reaction score
Mine has worked fine. I play a lot and have had no problems as of yet.

eboyer

Reaction score
Well thats good that you are having better luck then me.

Oh and i just got my 360 back yesterday and the new one doesnt work either only one of the front usb ports works with the wirelss adapter.

naynesh

Reaction score
My Xbox 360 works completely fine when playing before/after halo games.
I wonder why yours isnt working properly.Call the xbox 360 helpline.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I've had mine nearly a year and I've had no problems at all. And I do play it very regularly (nearly every night) for long periods of time (a hour or so each night, 3 or 4 a day at weekends). And I've taken it to LAN parties and had no hardware issues.

Btw, the red ring of death is a "general hardware failure" it has nothing to do with software. The only reason you might have a few cases of people playing Halo 3 and getting the ring of death is because a lot of people are playing a lot of Halo 3 right now. Its generally agreed that the general hardware failure stems from the excessive amount of heat produced by the console, and if you play it a lot, that'll increase the chance of a fault arising, if it indeed will.

If you have a RRoD just call MS, even launch consoles are covered for that. They'll repair or replace it.