Xbox 360 surpasses original Xbox sales

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Gamasutra.com said:
The global installed userbase of the Xbox 360 has surpassed that of the original Xbox, with sales of over 25 million units, Microsoft says.

The company predicted that the milestone would be reached by the end of November at the recent annual BMO Capital Markets Interactive Entertainment Conference. Speaking to UK trade paper MCV, Microsoft’s VP of interactive entertainment business for EMEA Chris Lewis confirmed that the target had already been exceeded.

"We’ve already surpassed the installed base of the original Xbox – which is a really significant milestone. We’ve been blown away by the appetite of people to consumer digital entertainment experiences," said Lewis.

Full article here

That's a pretty big accomplishment, especially since it's only been out three years.

krystale

Reaction score
That's awesome. Xbox's new upgrade is great and I am sure that will bring more sales.

syedsaid

Reaction score
the original xbox lasted 5 years which to me is too small.
i still expect a lot more in terms of games and other media (movies, arcade games etc) from M$ and other companies to increase the xbox 360's life past 5 years as the other systems used to last 7 years.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That's a pretty big accomplishment, especially since it's only been out three years.

That's pretty good for Microsoft, job well done. Surely for a fact that the Xbox 360 is the most popular console out there. Otherwise, since a lot of people have High Speed Internet now a days with possibly an HDTV, of course the 360 will sell a lot.

skai123

Reaction score
the original xbox lasted 5 years which to me is too small.
i still expect a lot more in terms of games and other media (movies, arcade games etc) from M$ and other companies to increase the xbox 360's life past 5 years as the other systems used to last 7 years.

It actually only lasted for around 4 years not 5 in North America, less in other countries.

Last edited: