XenForo not sending confirmation emails to users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

escalade

Reaction score
Hi my name is Escalade.. I own a Garry's Mod DarkRP Server and we use x10hosting as our hosting company. We use XenForo as our forum software..
And this is my first time having the this problem, (NOTE: I have used XenForo on my x10hosting websites plenty of times and the email confirmation works..)
In all my other times I used xenforo I have used the (Default email Address, and it automatically sends it from my web-mail user on x10hosting..) Now since this problem occurred, I tried using the Default Email address method and the "Email transport method - You use SMTP - It didnt work) and then I tried using the (Bounced Email Address - Because it can help reduce the chance of email send from your board from considered spam) None of those methods work :(

Then I looked in my Web-mail user's account (w/ x10hosting) and I see a ton of emails saying "Mail Delivery System Mail Failure-Rejected by local scanning code" https://gyazo.com/e180a14acc7a09652d0371d6bec1dea4

And I look in the emails and xenForo sends email alerts to my players if they notifications, and the email is full of the notifications that were suppose to go out to the users.

It says this "A message that you sent was rejected by the local scanning code that
checks incoming messages on this system. The following error was given:

This message was classified as SPAM and may not be delivered"

I have tried deleting the email account and I tried renaming it to something different and nothing works :(

wazza6

Reaction score
I had this problem too, you have to allow the server to deliver mail for your domain name. I don't remember the details, but https://www.mail-tester.com/ will guide you through it.

Good luck! :)
I went from 5.5/10 to 10/10

wazza6

Reaction score
Send an email to the address that's in the text box using one of your x10hosting email addresses (i.e. webmaster@yourdomain.com), then click the button.

Also make sure XenForo uses an email address from your domain. x10hosting's mail server won't send mail from other domains.

escalade

Reaction score
Send an email to the address that's in the text box using one of your x10hosting email addresses (i.e. webmaster@yourdomain.com), then click the button.

Also make sure XenForo uses an email address from your domain. x10hosting's mail server won't send mail from other domains.
Its not working... It seems like its x10hosting's web mail service that causing this problem? any way to fix this?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Its not working...
some items I know of...
1.> ASCII text in both subject and body
2.> messages that identify themselves as test messages are normally - silently dropt
3.> the FROM header must be a Email address that actually exists and is associated with your x10hosting's free-hosting account (is one you created - and NOT the senders Email address)
4.> Emails are not sent from the individual x10hosting's free-hosting servers - but are sent from a centralized outbound scanning SMTP server

Status
Not open for further replies.