XO3 blocked by Comcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagH2Ospinner

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently started having trouble accessing my own webpage through my business Comcast account. I am currently unable to connect via SMTP, FTP, HTTP, and cannot even access cPanel. However, I am able to access all of the above outside of my business line.
As I was investigating the issue, I started checking other sites on the XO3 server. I am unable to access any XO3 site directly through Comcast. As a verification, I tried accessing about half a dozen XO3 sites through Tor, using my same Comcast business account, and all seems fine then, no problems at all. My site and all the others are up and fully functional, no issues detected through Tor.
I have read that there is a history of Comcast blocking certain x10 free servers. Might that be the case here? Are any other Comcast customers having trouble accessing XO3 sites? I can continue to access things through Tor for the time being, but I'm sure this could be an issue for others.

Thanks for looking into this.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I use Comcast and have no issues with my site

Are you sure your ISP's IP is NOT on x10hosting's fireWall ?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I've removed the block in our firewall; your IP was black-flagged on May 2nd due to multiple failed FTP logins within an hour. Can you confirm if you're now able to view sites on XO3 from the affected connection (not the business line)?

MagH2Ospinner

Reaction score
I've removed the block in our firewall; your IP was black-flagged on May 2nd due to multiple failed FTP logins within an hour. Can you confirm if you're now able to view sites on XO3 from the affected connection (not the business line)?
Everything seems okay now, thanks for removing the block! I've updated all of my FTP passwords so failed login attempts should not be a problem now. I appreciate the service, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.