xp question

elforo

Reaction score
i have two computers at home, and one xp installation disc which i bought for one of my computers would it still be legal for me to use on my other computer and receive updates etc.?

Richard

Reaction score
According to microsoft you can only use one licence per computer so you will need a second disk or run linux.

elforo

Reaction score
oh ok thanx i thought it would be like that, seems rather unfair thoughwhy shuld i have to buy something i have already bought again i meen its for my own use, its like if i buy a music cd, and i can only listen to it in one cd player......oh well....i guess ill continue using windows 98, cant use linux as i cant find the drivers for my modem :S which is a shame.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
You dont have to buy another disc, just another liscense to run it on the other computer.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Technically microsoft limits to only one installation per disk but allows three installations (untill you need a new registration code). This is in case you upgrade your hardware (with the new genuine windows thingy they have now) So in other words yes it will work on two computers *wink wink* but that would be considered illegal and I dont advise you of doing it.

-Tyler

Last edited: