Yahoo! Hears its Death Knell?

Hazirak

Reaction score
Remember a couple months back when Microsoft made that offer to buy out Yahoo!, who flat-out refused? Microsoft has finally said "enough of the waiting" in a publicly released letter to Yahoo!'s board of directors.
... we believe now is the time for our respective companies to authorize teams to sit down and negotiate a definitive agreement on a combination of our companies... If we have not concluded an agreement within the next three weeks, we will be compelled to take our case directly to your shareholders, including the initiation of a proxy contest to elect an alternative slate of directors for the Yahoo! board...
In layman's terms, this means if Yahoo! doesn't willingly agree to Microsoft's merger offer, Microsoft will attempt to take them by force.

Good knowing you, Yahoo!, it was fun while it lasted...

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, if Microsoft takes over I am not visiting yahoo.com again.
I don't like Microsoft. They make things too complicated. I hope they don't ruin Yahoo Widgets; that is the part I love about Yahoo!
:|

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
This doesn't sound too good. Besides, can't Microsoft do this at all? If they buy this, they'd become a larger company and would become a larger monopoly on things. Let's just hope they don't screw with any Yahoo service, as I get a premium account from Yahoo for free from my ISP.

tittat

Reaction score
Microsoft cant stand alone in front of Google.They want a stick as support to beat Google.
Google is establishing widely.But Microsoft seems to be shrinking.
In the battle with Google Microsoft want a support that is what yahoo.

theafterthought

Reaction score
It's all getting to be about huge market share now, with Google and Microsoft wanting a bigger slice of the pie and now Microsoft pushing for even more. It's a shame giant companies feel the need to swallow up smaller giant companies just for appearances sake!

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Ive always used Google from when it was small and nobody else used it - Found it so much easier to use then Yahoo, and simpler too. Also, they indexed my site quicker. :)

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm I wouldn't care much about that 'cause I don't use AOL.
:biggrin:

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
lol is yahoo rubbing alcohol on the deap wound?

i would much rather google merge with yahoo.

i would also like paypal/ebay to merge with google.

but what if google aborbs both microsoft and apple?

would we have ipods running iwindows? with wireless connections and iGoogle wigits? That ran exe files, but was basicly a linux desktop with google search built in?

VIVA LA GOOGLE

Last edited: