Yarr! We be 'ere!

spacepir

Reaction score
Hey! I'm Jordan, and I'm one of the developers of the upcoming multi-player browser games, Space Pirates.

I'm 16 years old, and I love to program and script. I don't go outside much, mainly because I hate face to face socializing. :( I'm nice when you talk to me, and I don't bite. (Last time I checked anyway... *Whistles*)

I live in the awesome country of Scotland, where the Sun never shines. :( Yes, for those of you who don't know a lot about us, we have TV's. In fact, we invented them... We also have Haggis. You know, the small creatures that have one leg longer than the other, and run around on hills. <-- That part was a joke.

When I do get frustrated while coding, it'd be best if you stayed well away, and kept things simple. I'm known to explode, and destroy things when I lose the plot, which is kinda rare.

More about Space Pirates! Me and my friend Mark tried to see if we could roll out the basic framework of an online, multi-player, strategy game, before the end of our summer holidays, which was today... Although we have next to nothing done, we have established a small community of people within our forums, that are helping push us in the right direction. So far, we've had lots of ideas submitted, and lots of artwork, both my amateurs and professionals alike. We welcome anyone to help develop, and maintain Space Pirates, as it's a semi-open source community based game.

So, I now apologize for causing your mind to explode all over the walls of your room, and wish you all good luck in the future, and wherever it may take you!

P.S. - I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. :smile:

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Ah Scotland. One of the few places with worse whether than us (the English).

Surely you must be used to getting wet whenever you go outside by now though?? Hey, look on the bright side, when all the global warming hippies get their way and the ice caps melt, Scotland had it made - hilly enough to have parts above sea level,and tropical like the Bahamas - looking forward that's the place to invest in property!

The new fad will be living in a castle on a tropical island.

Oh, and Welcome.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ah, but the global warming thing will first result in the Gulf Stream sinking before it gets there. Remember last year's snow? I'm afraid Donald will have to find his troosers and keep an eye on them (or a pair of legs in them) for a good few years before a sarong makes more sense than a kilt. On the plus side, it'll give you more to be dour about until the palm trees sprout (which, I truly believe, is the real reason why the king of puddings is trotted out every January—it sours the temperament while raising the resilience, allowing the Scot to survive just about anything whilst complaining about it in a more creative way than any other tribe of Man). And the extra calories required to survive the cold will justify classifying Scotch eggs and deep-fried, well, everything as vegetables.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Ah but by that time the gulf stream won't matter as there will be so much direct heat from the sun ;)