Yet Another Question : Can I store this file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey!

I've created a Linux executable for backing-up/updating mysql databases in conjunction with php/mysqldump.
It is just about 360kb in size.
And, the total size including phps/sh is 450 odd kbs.
I don't intend to use cron at all or may be once in three months for automatic backing up.
But, I do plan (at least hope) to update it twice in a month manually.

What it does?
Compresses databases, deletes obsolete data both in mysql db and in filesystem and writes log/email whether it has been successful or not.
Decompress databases, updates mysql data based on last date of modification, deletes old records and then echoes about the outcome.

So, can I store that file in my account?

I'm doing this just because phpmyadmin just ain't working for me.

Thanks

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
No, you won't be able to run it anyway. How about using the backup module in cPanel? :)

~Callum

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, updating it is more important for me than backing up!

Anyway,would that be in violation of TOS if I save it and may be try it ?

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No replies ?
Please I'm losing my patience !
It's becoming harder and harder to resist the temptation to click the upload button and try it.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
"Linux executable" -> Script.

[quuote]Bots\Scripts We do not allow any type of bot or script that runs constantly, free hosting is for creating a website, not for hosting your scripts.[/quote]

~Callum

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
"Linux executable" -> Script.

[quuote]Bots\Scripts We do not allow any type of bot or script that runs constantly, free hosting is for creating a website, not for hosting your scripts.

~Callum
------------

Thats whats causing the ambiguity !

* * No Warez! Absolutely under no circumstances do we allow any type of illegal or copyrighted material on our servers. Breaking this rule will get you a permanent suspension, we have a zero tolerance policy regarding this.
====My own modified program with GPL source code.

* * Bots\Scripts We do not allow any type of bot or script that runs constantly, free hosting is for creating a website, not for hosting your scripts.
====doesn't run automatically and it for my website only.so i should be ok. right ?

* * File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.
====it is for updating my tables.stop! nothing else!

* * Crons We allow crons but they can not call a script hosted somewhere else and you must not have more than 1 running every 5 minutes.
====NA

* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.
===i'm ready make it available.I don't mind.

* Script Hosting: Space provided by x10Hosting is to be used to create a functional website, we do not allow bots, content scrapers, or any other script that runs continuously on your account. Any scripts that are executed via cron or manually must be directly related to your website.
===not a bot,etc. it is only for my website.

Thanks

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I guess it would be allowed then. Note, however, that you can't actually run linux executables - you'll have to write it in PHP

~Callum

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I guess it would be allowed then. Note, however, that you can't actually run linux executables - you'll have to write it in PHP

~Callum

Hey Alex thanks for your patience!
Really appreciate it man!

See this program is "a standalone x86 C-written Linux executable".
I've tested both the full and the extremely trimmed-down version on my centos 5/rhel6 x64 and its working there.
I’m cutting down "some more" features and rewriting it in asm, to further reduce its footprint/requirement.

Basically, a php scirpt call its functions to do an update/backup "smartly" and saves the outcome/result as a log.
Again, I have no intention whatsoever to use cron.

I’ve even removed its “email notification” feature to avoid “false-positive” as a spamming-bot.

I’ve here since 2008(though on-off) and I really----------really don't want a permanent suspension.
----------
“I guess it would be allowed then.”
----------
Is it then an affirmative “YES”?

Status
Not open for further replies.