Resolved "Your connection is not secure" when trying to access my page

Status
Not open for further replies.

janescre

Reaction score
I have my domain with Namesco and have changed my Nameservers to the ones directed in the txt. It mentions changing the DNS but has no more info on this subject. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance.

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
free x10 accounts do not provide secure https (ssl)
they say there is a way around this using cloudflare or similar.
i can not help with that, I dont use cloudflare.
maybe staff can update you on what you need to do.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
@spacresx is exactly correct. You can see many tutorials on how to use Cloudflare (or anyone else who offers an HTTPS proxy). You must use "flexible" mode (HTTPS on the user side, but HTTP on the server side). You must have your own domain for this (not .x10.mx, .pcriot.com, etc. etc.).

If you decide to go this route and need help, just let us know.

janescre

Reaction score
I had it working before the change but cant get it back, ill try the suggestions and let you both know thank you for your help.

janescre

Reaction score
Ok i am no longer getting the error page but now im getting Apache is functioning normally so thanks for the previous help but can anyone help with this?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Don't use DirectAdmin SSL because it will give an error with the invalid certificate. However, if you click on your domain in DirectAdmin, there's a button that says SSL options. If that is not set to symbolic link, you will get an error if the folder ~/domains/[your domain here]/private_html is invalid.

janescre

Reaction score

My SSL options are already set to symbolic link, i still get the "Your connection is not secure" error but now im getting "Apache is functioning normally" error too, im working on cloudflair atm to solve the connection error but im unsure what i have changed to show this Apache error.
Thanks for all the help so far

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Both work fine for me using HTTP. HTTPS does not work, which it should not.

Cloudflare needs to use HTTP in flexible mode.

janescre

Reaction score
My site is now back up and running, thank you to everyone that helped, you are all awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.