Your uptime!

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Evening.

What is your uptime? We could make a competition out of this :D

On UNIX type "uptime", I don't know how to do it on Windoze.

My uptime:

21:24 up 7 days, 31 mins, 3 users, load averages: 0.31 0.36 0.45

~Callum

EDIT:

To check uptime in Windoze:

To check the uptime on Windows XP:

- Get a DOS command prompt and type "net stats srv"

A whole bunch of stuff will scroll by on your screen. You can find the uptime of your XP system by looking for the line starts with Statistics since, it'll be up near the the top. The date and time that is listed after this is the time that your XP system was last booted up.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Let's see here...

My router (which is a PC running Linux and a bunch of custom coded software) has been online for 5 months, 5 days, 14 hours and 32 minutes. If I hadn't had replaced the old Pentium III on the machine with an entirely new motherboard with an Intel Atom running it all, with extra RAM and a solid state disk, I'd very well have an up time of one year, 7 months on the thing. Right now the RAM is 96MB used out of 2048MB Free. CPU loads are at 0.10, 0.08, 0.07.

My Gaming PC's up time has been 4 weeks. It was last rebooted for updates.

My laptop's up time is 1 day

Other PCs in my home have an up time of 4 hours or less.

Our iPod Touches have been on for at least 6 months. They're always connected to the network as well.

Last edited:

Danielx386

Reaction score
My pc get turned off when I finish using it, so about 6 hours, sometime 10 hours or more.

krofunk

Reaction score
I average around 20 hours, maybe a day if I am downloading something :p

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't see the point in leaving your computer on unless it is a server, your just wasting energy:
Uptime - 1 hour 32 min

steronius

Reaction score
Work Mac: only down for updates or flaky vmware issue.
Merlin:~ Ster$ uptime
10:11 up 17 days, 21:07, 2 users, load averages: 5.08 4.58 4.73

satubis arkon

Reaction score
Mine is on only for 5 hours and 47 minutes :D ... Smith6612 you have your own energy generator?... in my country the energy is expensive :D

monkeymhz

Reaction score
I used to have my old Pentium 3 with linux installed always running for if I ever needed to check anything. It was super quiet, I think I had it for a uptime of over 240 days once, then the power went out or some power surge and it went off.

Currently my uptime for my computer is like 6-15 hours. During the week days I just turn it on when I get home, use it, then shut it off when I go to sleep because Its lights are super bright and it sounds like a wind tunnel (HAF 932 case). On weekends its pretty much on most of the day 15+ hours. Sometimes Ill leave it on when I sleep but I usually have weird dreams the blue lights scatter across my room making a grate/chain-link type design on the walls its quite creepy.

It also may get left on a day or two if I do some intense rendering but usually thats not the case since I usually work in realtime engines.

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't see the point in leaving your computer on unless it is a server, your just wasting energy:
Uptime - 1 hour 32 min

I use my computer for 2-32 hours a day. EDIT: 2-3 hours XD

Standby: 14-16W, depending on how long I use it for (not per hour, overall)
Shut down: 15W

On average for me (a mac user :) ) it is far easier to keep it on.

PCs, on the other hand, are awful at standby. And shut down, for that matter.

Btw I have tested all this.

~Callum

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
If it works for you then fair enough. What I find quite amazing is that you use your computer for 32 hours a day...:tongue:
I use my computer for 2-32 hours a day.

satubis arkon

Reaction score
maybe he wanted to write 23 :p...i make that mistake some times :D
If i would have an energy source that i didn`t had to pay, i would let my pc on non-stop :D

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
jesus lol, I never switch off my PC, ok here is my uptime..... *3 months, 2 days 21 hours, 23 minutes 45... 46... 47 secs*

LOL

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
6days 23hrs 5mins 19secs since last required reboot for an update (either Antivirus, Windows 7, or other).

I did notice a minor glitch though - it bases uptime on the last time the computer was fully booted.

That last part is the key. Fully booted. It does NOT count restoring from sleep mode as a boot, so the uptime doesn't get reset. This pc's been on maybe HALF of that nearly 7 days, if that much, because it auto-sleeps after 1 hour (turns itself back on to record tv if needbe but still)

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
I do not allow my pc to sleep or hibernate, go on standby.... It's allways running doing something, it hardly ever gets a rest the poor thing.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not allow my pc to sleep or hibernate, go on standby.... It's allways running doing something, it hardly ever gets a rest the poor thing.

Just thought it's an interesting thing; it's why a buddy's got a pc reporting uptime 2 years.

It hybernated 2 years ago, then he unplugged it. Last week he hooked it back up and turned it on - but it didn't go through it as though it was starting up from scratch, so the boot time didn't change XD