Your views on the supernatural

Armacci Design

Reaction score
How do you feel about ghosts/demons/ouija boards, or any other things that go bump in the night?

Personally, I find the subject fascinating, although I'm sure 99% of ghost sightings are something else. As it turns out, carbon monoxide poisoning has many of the same symptoms as seen in a "haunted house:" headaches, fatigue, dizziness, and vivid hallucinations.

I recently read a story where a girl had a carbon monoxide leak in her home, and was fine until she shut the window to take a shower. Her family found her in the fetal position in her closet, claiming that a "woman with her face carved off" was stalking her around the house.

Creepy...

veightar

Reaction score
To me, Ghost are just myth. They are not there, only demons who really exists, turns out to be ghost just to scare people and make theirselves great. Not all who claim to have seen ghost were just halllucinating or druged. Most demons can act like ghosts to be seen by those concerned. For me, apart from God and the angels in heaven (the good ones), the rest are all demons and nothing more

truthguild

Reaction score
personally, i don't believe in anything supernatural.
so far to date, no one has ever provided any objective, empirical evidence for the supernatural that has withstood scientific scrutiny. all we have is anecdotal evidence and subjective experiences - both of which are known to be extremely unreliable. if the supernatural was real, someone would have walked away with the JREF Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge prize money by now.

gautham

Reaction score
Supernatural is just some natural phenomenon which has no explanation from physics or which has been wrongly interpreted.

Parsa44

Reaction score
I dont believe them at all. Unless there is a logical explenation for something i wont accept it.

And also "fetal position" ?

Draaglom

Reaction score
Fetal positioning means curled up like a baby in the womb.

Also, I wish the supernatural were possible. It'd make the world a more interesting and exciting place.

Edit: Supernatural + Possible = lolparadox :p

Last edited:

jorrel

Reaction score
Bah, they're were just stories to scare kids who doesn't sleep early.

One ofMany

Reaction score
From the first time that things where first passed on by word of mouth and then later written with pictures and then with language, there have always been gods and spirits to explain the not yet understood and to subjugate other people into their way of belief or into servitude and ignorance.
The same goes for spirits, ghosts and after life.

I believe I am a spiritual person but that doesn't mean I believe in any worshipping or supernatural existence.

It worries me a bit how fanatical some American bible belt people and middle eastern people can be and some of the things they believe in such as trying to promote intelligent design as a science and others with getting lots of virgins - it's all illogical, nonsensical subjugation of the masses. Sorry I brought religion into it, part it's part of the topic as it relates to the history of man.

ejweb

Reaction score
Ghosts; in the form of demons - do exists. They're mentioned in the Bible and in the Apocrypha. After their "fall" from heaven, their inheritance became earth. Man was created to care for the earth and the animals. Satan didn't like his domain being infiltrated and knows that man has the potential to reclaim it. So, he will try to influence people to follow his ways to keep his domain. Such ghosts or appirations could be such demons as they are not allowed to take on the form of a human (ZECH 5:9) - only the angels are allowed to (HEB 13:1-2). Please be careful of getting involved in things like; ouija boards, horror movies and the like. They are there, they are around and they can influence you when don't expect it.

Jonthefisherman

Reaction score
As much as I don't want to believe in ghosts and paranormal activity. There are thousands of reports of supernatural activity.
Most people who have claimed to have experienced something, may have been wrong
Others may have been correct. I'd rather never find out the answer to the question "Are ghosts real" unless the answer is no because I'd be paranoid all the time. haha

truthguild

Reaction score
Ghosts; in the form of demons - do exists. They're mentioned in the Bible and in the Apocrypha. After their "fall" from heaven, their inheritance became earth. Man was created to care for the earth and the animals. Satan didn't like his domain being infiltrated and knows that man has the potential to reclaim it. So, he will try to influence people to follow his ways to keep his domain. Such ghosts or appirations could be such demons as they are not allowed to take on the form of a human (ZECH 5:9) - only the angels are allowed to (HEB 13:1-2). Please be careful of getting involved in things like; ouija boards, horror movies and the like. They are there, they are around and they can influence you when don't expect it.
adding new assertions to an unsupported argument is usually bad practice.
now you're in a position to have to provide evidence for satan, demons, and angels.

ejweb

Reaction score
adding new assertions to an unsupported argument is usually bad practice.
now you're in a position to have to provide evidence for satan, demons, and angels.

Arguments can always be supported. It's just a matter of what is presented and if that person believes it. It's nothing 'bad' about it and nothing new. If you believe the Bible, Apocrapha writings, certain testimonies, etc. - then it can be supported. Of course; those who don't believe such of others naturally is unsupported - by that person...

truthguild

Reaction score
Arguments can always be supported. It's just a matter of what is presented and if that person believes it. It's nothing 'bad' about it and nothing new. If you believe the Bible, Apocrapha writings, certain testimonies, etc. - then it can be supported. Of course; those who don't believe such of others naturally is unsupported - by that person...
personal belief does not equal evidence. evidence is consistent regardless of the beliefs of the individual, eg. if we both test gravity by dropping a tennis ball, the result will be the same.
can you present any evidence for the existence of angels/demons/ghosts/etc?

idiil

Reaction score
personal belief does not equal evidence. evidence is consistent regardless of the beliefs of the individual, eg. if we both test gravity by dropping a tennis ball, the result will be the same.
can you present any evidence for the existence of angels/demons/ghosts/etc?
Evidence does not have to be proven, nor objectively consistent and tested.

idiil

Reaction score
not in any intellectual arena it isn't. if it's not demonstrable, it's not presentable.
In an intellectual arena, it may be irrelevant and worthless evidence. Or, as you put it, indemonstrable and not presentable.

truthguild

Reaction score
In an intellectual arena, it may be irrelevant and worthless evidence. Or, as you put it, indemonstrable and not presentable.
which completely applies here. subjective experiences cannot be used to determine whether or not something is real without supporting objective evidence.