Zend Optimizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

interne3

Reaction score
Hi. I am installing Vision Helpdesk (internet-forumboard.tk/support) and it gives me a error that it was coded using Zend Guard and that I need to install Zend Optimizer in the web server. What do I do?

interne3

Reaction score
The message it gives me is: "The component "Zend Optimizer" is not installed on the Web Server and therefore cannot service encoded files. Please download and install the Zend Optimizer (available without charge) on the Web Server."

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I've installed the Zend Guard Loader on level, however it appears that the version of Vision Helpdesk you downloaded was encoded for an earlier version of PHP (PHP 5.2 by the looks of it). You will need to contact Vision Helpdesk's support and see if they offer a download of it either encoded with Zend Guard for PHP 5.4 or encoded with IonCube -- there is no way to make the version you downloaded work on our system.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Added: this is NOT x10Hosting's fault; Zend broke backwards compatibility for Zend Guard/Zend Optimizer at version 5.3 with no plan to fix it (it would mean maintaining two virtual PHP machines under the hood), which broke a lot of software.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There was absolutely no reason to downvote a post pointing out that software encoded for versions of Zend Optimizer/Zend Guard version 5.2 and below will not run on version 5.3 or higher; that was Zend's decision. If that is not the problem you are experiencing, that changes nothing about the veracity of my post. (I'd be tempted to get pretty ad hominem, and perhaps even vulgar, here if this weren't a family-friendly community.)

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I have a version of Vision Helpdesk for 5.4

You quite obviously do not, based on the error message I'm seeing after going to your site. As stated previously, you will need to contact Vision Helpdesk's support in order to download a version that is compatible with our webservers; this means that they will either need to provide files encoded with the PHP 5.4 version of Zend Guard, files encoded with IonCube, or unencoded files.

interne3

Reaction score
@Skizzerz I uploaded the files for Vision Helpdesk 3.8.0 Stable PHP 5.4 and it tells me index.php Fatal Error on line 0 (there is no line 0 and I re-extracted it and also re-uploaded the newly extracted and it's still giving me the problem) at internet-forumboard.tk/support/setup

interne3

Reaction score
@Skizzerz I was wondering, is there anything wrong with the Zend Optimizer install. Because the index.php is fine

Status
Not open for further replies.