Zero Point Energy

jerrycraft

Reaction score
Hi,
Is zero point energy possible? Lots of fuss in the net. But what is the truth?

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Wikipedia said:
The simplest experimental evidence for the existence of zero-point energy in quantum field theory is the Casimir effect.
This suggests that there is evidence for it, but from what I gather it is still only a theory.

jerrycraft

Reaction score
But I have heard cars running on water? Wouldn't it be great if that happen? But there are news in CNN. But the formula is still a secret.

withambition

Reaction score
Cars running on water is in the works; however, cars that run on water and create enough fluid to fill themselves would be amazing. =]

Nathan H

Reaction score
Isnt Zero Point Energy what powers the Atlantis Expedition in Stargate, or the Incrediboys weapon in The Incredibles.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Isnt Zero Point Energy what powers the Atlantis Expedition in Stargate, or the Incrediboys weapon in The Incredibles.

ZPMs are what you're talking about. The Ancients in Stargate, along with the Replicators created ZPMs since they are the strongest power source known in the series (used ZPMs in series or singally to power shields, Atlantis, ships, Stargates, etc), and not only that, the strongest bomb as well. Overload a ZPM and you can blow up a planet. If you recall somewhere in Season Two of Stargate Atlantis, the Ancients were even working on a project called Project Arcturus, but failed, especially when McKay destroyed an entire solar system with that abandonded project lol. But yeah, Zero Point Energy is possible by theory. We just have to figure out how to use it wthout destroying the planet.

btw. You can tell I'm a Stargate fan. SG-1 at one time did find a ZPM that was tainted, and of course that ZPM at the ancient outpost in Antartica. Don't forget though, since Atlantis has already lost/drained out some of their ZPMs already, they have to find more or steal some from the replicators. Otherwise, Atlantis when they arrived in the Pegaesus galexy in the Rising from Stargate Atlantis, arrived to find Atlantis only having 1 out of 3 ZPMs working, and the last one was dying. If you recall, the ZPM died, the shield holding back the ocean collapsed, and the city rose because of a fail safe put in by an ancient called Janus (see "Before I Sleep in season 1") and Atlantis for a season, until The Seige occured from the Wraith ran off of Naquidrah Generators from Earth. When they had no ZPMs, they had no shield for the city, no star drive, and they couldn't dial Earth, along with the fact that using the Ancient Control Chair to fire drones at Wraith Darts killed a Mark 4 Naquidrah Generator in literally minutes.

Hehe, sorry about the off topic.

Last edited: