zzzz wtf this is lame

wulfeous88

Reaction score
I'm a new user, and I was suspended today as well.
I was looking through softopolous trying to find somthing that might help me set up the site how I would like it, with little luck. none of the 'demo' pages seem to work, so I went with what had good reviews and seemed customizable.
I click install dolphin.
Fail. :confused:
Suspension.
Sad face: :(

Sorry, I'm fairly novice to how things work together on the web. Here is what I hope to have in a website. Hopefully someone can suggest what software I can use to get it going. (or even a different cheap/free host if it might be beneficial) This way we can avoid any more sad face. :biggrin:

- The site is about the game I am creating in Unity3D. I've managed to figure out how to send highscores from the game to sql and back. I hope to put the games webplayer on the site once it's ready enough for some community testing.
- I would love some sort of simple means of feedback. like a chat that would show previous posts when you arrive at the site. not just start empty like some. I think it's important that it not require any sort of registration (maybe an optional hidden email)
- Unity can send a screenshot from the game to the web. I would love to utilize this in a simple manner. user presses a screenshot button, it sends it to... where-it-sends-it.. along with the username, and shows it on the media page, where people could comment on it. Again, without registration.

the last point isn't nearly as important as the first two. Just need to host the game, have it talking with the scoreDB, and allow people to converse about it openly.

Thank you!

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I'm a new user, and I was suspended today as well.
I was looking through softopolous trying to find somthing that might help me set up the site how I would like it, with little luck. none of the 'demo' pages seem to work, so I went with what had good reviews and seemed customizable.
I click install dolphin.
Fail. :confused:
Suspension.
Sad face: :(

Sorry, I'm fairly novice to how things work together on the web. Here is what I hope to have in a website. Hopefully someone can suggest what software I can use to get it going. (or even a different cheap/free host if it might be beneficial) This way we can avoid any more sad face. :biggrin:

- The site is about the game I am creating in Unity3D. I've managed to figure out how to send highscores from the game to sql and back. I hope to put the games webplayer on the site once it's ready enough for some community testing.
- I would love some sort of simple means of feedback. like a chat that would show previous posts when you arrive at the site. not just start empty like some. I think it's important that it not require any sort of registration (maybe an optional hidden email)
- Unity can send a screenshot from the game to the web. I would love to utilize this in a simple manner. user presses a screenshot button, it sends it to... where-it-sends-it.. along with the username, and shows it on the media page, where people could comment on it. Again, without registration.

the last point isn't nearly as important as the first two. Just need to host the game, have it talking with the scoreDB, and allow people to converse about it openly.

Thank you!
Unfortunately i can't help you with the suspension but I can tell you one thing that applies at x10 that may throw a monkey wrench in your plan. For Free Hosting remote mysql is disabled. This means that any script or program that doesn't reside on the server can't connect to the mysql database.

wulfeous88

Reaction score
One might notice that I said the game is in a webplayer.
unity games are comparible to flash game sizes. this ones 8mb. it runs on nothing.

the game isnt really in question. it's the website that links to it.

I'm surprised about getting banned trying to install the tools that were offered to me.

I would Love some input on software or methods useable to make a site with a posting / feedback system with the least hassle for them (anon postability)