Chopin Expidited frustration????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpilmore

Reaction score
wow the voice of one idiot turns everything upside down.
common sense would be if you have large paying contracts, go with paid hosting.
i really cant fault x10 as everyone at some point in their lives makes mistakes but i dont think i was a mistake, something just went wrong with the transfers.
now as these tranfers are to make things better on an already great hosting service then i have to be honest and tell you that i cant wait for as long as needs be.
all that is required is patience, its not to much to ask :)

vmadan

Reaction score
The 100,000 $ dude is lying....no one would go for free hosting if so much money was at stake through their website. Unless they were stupid. And if they were stupid...they would never touch the 100,000$ league anyway, in anything they do. Catch 22.

The free service is not really a 'favour to users. Because the free service gives a huge amount of publicity to the host company. Which is good for business, good for attracting people to the paid service. Its advertising.

But a badly managed free service is a total disaster for a brand.

Its better not to have a free service at all, than have a disastrous free service which translates to huge negative publicity because of wasted time/effort of users.

Any user here who's used x10hostings free hosting for over a year?

What are your experiences?

Thanks.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The 100,000 $ dude is lying....no one would go for free hosting if so much money was at stake through their website. Unless they were stupid. And if they were stupid...they would never touch the 100,000$ league anyway, in anything they do. Catch 22.

The free service is not really a 'favour to users. Because the free service gives a huge amount of publicity to the host company. Which is good for business, good for attracting people to the paid service. Its advertising.

But a badly managed free service is a total disaster for a brand.

Its better not to have a free service at all, than have a disastrous free service which translates to huge negative publicity because of wasted time/effort of users.

Any user here who's used x10hostings free hosting for over a year?

What are your experiences?

Thanks.

I used the free hosting since 10-14-2007, until 2009-ish something when I became AM and got moved to the staff server. Everything worked extremely good, better than all other hosts I were at. The first host had a requirement to post 20 posts/week, which I couldn't do, so I moved to another, that host randomly showed a phishing site and a lot of ad pages instead of my website. Then I moved to x10, and all problems were gone. In those 1.5 years I were at free hosting, my website was down for like, 100 hours total, maintenance and other stuff. Some downtime is always expectable, as it is impossible to run any server for 1.5 years without any downtime at all. Upgrades needs to be done, moves, maintenance, removal of large stuff (ever tried removing lots of gigs of logs and old files from your harddrive?). There are roughly 8942.5 hours in a year and a half, and if the server was down for 100 hours total over it, that means 99.988% uptime. So in my experience, x10 is much better than all of the other hosts I've tried and heard of sofar (and million times better than the paid hosts we have in Sweden, $400/year for 50 Mb hdd, 1 Gb b/w and 1 10 mb mySQL db).

Anywaaay, this topic is going off-topic, and is now closed, as the original author is banned.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Let me just squeeze one more post :p

I myself joined a few years ago, in the free hosting, and I was amazed. There were no forced ads, the b/w limit was large, the diskspace was big and I had a lot of features that I couldn't even wish for on other free hosts. I left for some time since I couldn't manage to log in the forums for 14 days (back in the time), but I rejoined not long after, and I haven't changed since. I've became much more active on the forums, and even made it to the community helpers group. Just for your information, most, if not all, community helpers have a free account, and most had one on chopin, so we as well suffer when the servers are down, but the total amount of downtime is really, really small compared to other free hosts and we can even compare it to paid hosts.

Last edited:

nitamaje

Reaction score
I seem to see a bit of 1 sidedness here.. although I dont agree with the hot temper, I also notice that we must have alot of children in here who have never been married and divorced...

many of us here here for many and varied reasons on a free host. one can not accuse another man until we have walked a 1000 steps in his shoes, as the American indians used to say.

many business' are destroyed by divorce and custody battles, and some people never recover finacially, it is not an easy or cheap thing.. you criticizers obviously dont seem to get that. I'll give you a hint, some major stes like facebook for example, were started on freehosts, you want to tell the owner of facebook that you cant do $100,000 business on a free host??

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
many business' are destroyed by divorce and custody battles, and some people never recover finacially, it is not an easy or cheap thing.. you criticizers obviously dont seem to get that. I'll give you a hint, some major stes like facebook for example, were started on freehosts, you want to tell the owner of facebook that you cant do $100,000 business on a free host??

Facebook also knew to jump to paid when the time came that the business could not be handled by a free host. Why would you be so unwilling to spend $5-10 when the contract is $100,000?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
And we'll go ahead and close this like it should have been one page ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.