Funny thing on x10 IRC channel

IonCannon218

Reaction score
18:46 *** JuniorD joined #offtopic JuniorD@xC-3DC5F96F.dynamic.ip.windstream.net
18:47 JuniorD anyone know of any free versions of vista that are legal?
18:47 JuniorD like betas or something?
18:47 bnex10 i doubt it
18:47 bnex10 why do you want vista?
18:48 JuniorD for personal peoses.
18:48 JuniorD perposes.
18:48 Brandon Free version?
18:48 Brandon Ok
18:48 Brandon Go to Best Buy
18:48 Brandon Buy it
18:48 Brandon drop it on the ground
18:48 Brandon pick it up
18:48 bnex10 lol
18:48 Brandon start running in circles saying
18:48 JuniorD lol
18:48 Brandon "I FOUND THIS FREE VISTA!!!"
18:48 bnex10 LOL
18:49 Brandon You'll see a bunch of black tahoes
18:49 JuniorD wonders if someone will beat you up over it
18:49 Brandon and a helicopter coming
18:49 JuniorD lol
18:49 Brandon you best start running
18:49 bnex10 lol
18:49 JuniorD with microsoft printed on the side?
18:49 bnex10 wait
18:49 JuniorD lol
18:49 Brandon No
18:49 bnex10 why not a ROFLCOPTER
18:49 bnex10 ?
18:49 Brandon That'll be my gang
18:49 Brandon Trying to get it
18:49 Brandon :)
18:50 bnex10 a helicopter or a ROFLcopter
18:50 Deathvalley122 lol Brandon
18:50 bnex10 lol
18:51 russ [06:47pm] <JuniorD> anyone know of any free versions of vista that are legal? <-- windows server 2008 is free beta download from microsoft.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
LOL, I see the ROFLCOpTER besides lagging some people's 'net connection up a bit made it's way into the x10 community! I should see about joining in an IRC chat someday.

kkenny

Reaction score
lol :]

Go join smith. It lowers your IQ rapidly!

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
lol there is free vista but it isn't legal ;P. You'd better buy it or try to win it in some weird contest

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
lol :]

Go join smith. It lowers your IQ rapidly!

Actually rocket whoring in Halo lowers your IQ MUCH faster on servers with no bans/kicks and unlimited ammo/nades :biggrin:. Since I like to do that in Halo, I'm sure my IQ is already negative 60 :drool:.

Also, if you are willing to spend some time, time to time on http://club.live.com Microsoft will put copies of Windows Vista for you to win up on there and get it shipped to you.

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
Eh, club.live seems like a cool thing to check out.. Too much I don't have the time to play.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
My friends are actually playing games on that site. There's this one game that spits out a whole load of pictures and I hear it's very addicting as well. They're working on getting another XBox 360 controller for free so that they can use their 360's Multiplayer ability without having to get another one or using LIVE.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Bet that wouldn't lag my connection.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Bet that wouldn't lag my connection.

Club Live is not meant to lag connections. It's just flash games that submit counters to the site. Dial-up works fine :p. Are you using an ActionTec router Brandon? If so, I know the perfect way to lag you out. Run uTorrent allowing 40 connections at once, running full speed on upstream and downstream to a torrent of Fedora Core 9, and say bye bye ActionTec until you reboot it. Either that or tell Steam your connection speed and fire up the server list. It'll choke the router within 10 seconds, I guarantee that.

Verizon Firmware + ActionTec = strong router that hates torrents and gaming

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Club Live is not meant to lag connections. It's just flash games that submit counters to the site. Dial-up works fine :p. Are you using an ActionTec router Brandon? If so, I know the perfect way to lag you out. Run uTorrent allowing 40 connections at once, running full speed on upstream and downstream to a torrent of Fedora Core 9, and say bye bye ActionTec until you reboot it. Either that or tell Steam your connection speed and fire up the server list. It'll choke the router within 10 seconds, I guarantee that.

Verizon Firmware + ActionTec = strong router that hates torrents and gaming

Haha I torrent and stuff with it all the time on max speeds, i think I have 1200 connections it seems to work fine (Download fedora core in under 40 mins).

I have to use there router, due to the fact they have it connected from the ONT -> Coax -> Router, they didn't use the CAT5 or whatever it is.

Edit: http://www.brandonsgames.com/utorrent.PNG :] Stupid transfer thing keeps resetting though.

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Haha I torrent and stuff with it all the time on max speeds, i think I have 1200 connections it seems to work fine (Download fedora core in under 40 mins).

I have to use there router, due to the fact they have it connected from the ONT -> Coax -> Router, they didn't use the CAT5 or whatever it is.

That's pretty good for an ActionTec. Those things are nutorious for bottlenecking at 96 connections and Steam kills those things. When I get FiOS (which actually appears to be getting wired up in a new neighborhood a minute walk from here), I'll be sure to see how the ActionTec handles my load even though it's dumbed down and the Linux box handles everything. Otherwise, have you ever thought of going from the ONT to ActionTec via Ethernet? I've heard that it gives lower latency in some cases and might improve speed, and it lets you use your own router as well. PM me if you want more info or you want me to see what I can do for you about that. I may not have FiOS, but I know a thing or two about it.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I'm all set with that haha, the cable wire works good enough. They used that because we are pre-wired for FiOS TV as we are going to install that soon, and you need the Actontec or w/e it is to use that.

Dunno if you saw this from my last post: http://www.brandonsgames.com/utorrent.PNG

and the coax-via the router: http://www.brandonsgames.com/bahh.PNG (Plus it's got a dual-core processor:).

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Not bad for an ActionTec. Honestly, the ActionTec is used for FiOS TV, but it can be provisioned via Ethernet, but the coax makes it convenient for you and Verizon to put in FiOS TV. Despite it on Ethernet, when FiOS TV comes in, the ActionTec will service it VOD and Guide/Widget information. No matter if the ActionTec is on Ethernet, using MoCa purely, or you have another router doing the work with the ActionTec acting as a NIM100 or a NIM100, any way will work. But it's pretty good to hear the free router you got from them handles stuff very well.

But wait a sec, you got one of the new Dual core boxes? Is it a 64-bit box? The older Rev. D models that they gave people were single core 32-bit routers.

Last edited:

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Yeh I have the "Dual-Core 64-bit" Actiontec :)

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Cool. DSL Reports needs some confirmation on those routers, as no one over there has even gotten one of those yet! Mind posting over at DSL Reports about you having the new router? They'd probably like to hear that.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Cool. DSL Reports needs some confirmation on those routers, as no one over there has even gotten one of those yet! Mind posting over at DSL Reports about you having the new router? They'd probably like to hear that.

Actually how can you tell =p I was just reading the actiontec website lol and it looks like mine.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
I have the regular one:( Time to make some calls=p

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score