How can I get people to submit tutorials

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I recently started a new project, tutorialhouse, located at http://tutorialhou.se. I need tutorials for it (of course), but I don't want to submit every tutorial on my own because that is not the point of the site, the point of the site should be people helping each other by making one big collection of tutorials.

I already made an offer on this forum but no one seems interested so far, http://x10hosting.com/forums/marketplace/114854-need-tutorials-earn-unlimited-credits.html, anyone else got any ideas to encourage people?

priyaa161

Reaction score
Actually it is a bit difficult to get people submitting tutorial and it is more difficult to find people from this forum because it is a forum for webmasters and so why someone here submit articles to your website when they already got website's to publish. Also there are certain sites (like triond and many others) that pay for your article. But then also some people left who don't want to work for money but for friendship. But such people are few among thousands.
I think to attract people you need to have some contest. Don't give to everyone but give a lot to one person who post the best tutorial.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, I got revenue sharing 50/50 with google adSense. Contest would be a good idea when there are more users, otherwise there would be hardly no contestants xD

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
50% of the time the users ad shows, 50% of the time mine shows

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't really know, I think it's only on their links their ad shows, and it only rotates between my ad and the submitted tutorials ad

priyaa161

Reaction score
I would like to submit some of the tutorials but not now it may be after may 15th when I'll be expert with HTML, JavaScript, PHP, AJAX, MySQL

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Instead of using x10's credit system who don't you make your own on your site. It's a good idea when you don't have the money to pay for articles and tutorials. There has to be some kind of reward or you'll end up with a few enthusiasts doing it just for fun.

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, that reward must be free, as I cannot really put too much money into it...