Okay, I think it's improving. ;-)

Discussion in 'Review My Site' started by datababe, May 3, 2009.

1. datababe

datababe New Member

Greetings from a Geocities refugee! It's not as bad it sounds, honest.

http://datababe.x10hosting.com/index.html

Obviously, any advice is welcome (well, other than "TAKE IT DOWN, NOW!!11").

Glad to be here! :biggrin:

2. farscapeone

farscapeone Community Advocate Community Support

Obviously you don't expect your site to be professionally designed and that's OK. I just said that cos my review will be adjusted according to that :p

If you really like that purple background then you should consider changing font color cos now it's hard to read. I recommend a lighter color like light yellow or even wight. Try experimenting with that.

Try formatting the text a little better.
    This quote was taken from THIS page.

If you're interested in learning more about web design then you should take a look at this: http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/web/50-totally-free-lessons-in-graphic-design-theory/. If not the just make you're text more readable and you should be fine.

P.S. I'm not going to rate your site cos I don't want to disappoint you :biggrin:

3. datababe

datababe New Member

That's just the kind of feedback I am looking for, and thank you for the links. The site's more of a sandbox for me to work on html, and a place to put up links for some of my friends. If someone along the line picks up a bit of useful information, that's icing on the cake.

Actually looking *professional* is down the line; for now I'll be content to make it simply easy on the eyes (including mine). :cool:

Off to do some reading and bookmarking!