Okay, I think it's improving. ;-)

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Obviously you don't expect your site to be professionally designed and that's OK. I just said that cos my review will be adjusted according to that :p

If you really like that purple background then you should consider changing font color cos now it's hard to read. I recommend a lighter color like light yellow or even wight. Try experimenting with that.

Try formatting the text a little better.
...at normal reading distances the eye's span of movement is only about 8 cm (3 inches) wide, so designers try to keep dense passages of text in columns no wider than reader's comfortable eye span. Wider lines of text require the readers to move their heads slightly, or strain their eye muscles to track over the long lines of text.
This quote was taken from THIS page.

If you're interested in learning more about web design then you should take a look at this: http://psd.tutsplus.com/articles/web/50-totally-free-lessons-in-graphic-design-theory/. If not the just make you're text more readable and you should be fine.

P.S. I'm not going to rate your site cos I don't want to disappoint you :biggrin:

datababe

Reaction score
That's just the kind of feedback I am looking for, and thank you for the links. The site's more of a sandbox for me to work on html, and a place to put up links for some of my friends. If someone along the line picks up a bit of useful information, that's icing on the cake.

Actually looking *professional* is down the line; for now I'll be content to make it simply easy on the eyes (including mine). :cool:

Off to do some reading and bookmarking!