urgent default mail server problem/cant not access cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding the cPanel problem, please try resetting your password now, there was a misconfiguration in how your password was stored, no doubt from the move.

The automated emails are they using smtp, or mail()? If the former, try updating the password for the email account being used, if it is the default one it would be sorted with updating your cPanel password as well.

Do you get any errors with sending emails? Any mail delivery failure notices?

soundmandubs

Prime Account
Reaction score
Thank you Anna for responding, Regarding the cPanel problem, is this the correct url https://starka.x10hosting.com:2083/login/

Also once i am on the Hosting Account Management page under Synchronization there are two buttons one to login to cPanel and the other to login to webmail. Too reset the password previously i had to select the login to cPanel button which then opened a new window with the cPanel login page with the old details showing, This is not the case anymore now it says' Login Attempt Failed!' so how am i to reset the cPanel 11 now?

Im not sure what was changed on the x10 side but when i 1st installed my site a year or 2 ago i was able to send out emails on registration of new accounts and have not changed anything code wise, but find no email is sent and non recieved with errors to suggest its working in the slightess.

I hope i have been clear but if not do not hesistate to ask, i look forward to sum help thank you

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the correct address for your server.

In your account panel, under account->password you will find the option to reset your password (https://x10hosting.com/control/?account&password), use the password you sign into account panel as old password.
Resetting here changes for: forum, ftp, cPanel, forum and account panel (might be forgetting someone). Login to cPanel/webmail buttons won't work until you have set a password with that option.

I'll test sign-up on your account and see if I receive the email, it could simply be going to the spam bin for the recipient, or in worst case be that the recipients mail provider has us blocked for prior abuse by spammers (I know that at least hotmail have blocked us in the past).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.