About web caching

radofeya

Reaction score
May I know is there a way to prevent the flash player cache the audio data in the computer hard disk?

Thank you.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you trying to ask "Is there a way I can save audio from a flash file onto my computer?" ?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think so. Everything you see and hear are downloaded and cached for faster access and there is no way to stop it happen.

An example is when you use radio.blog.club. They use the flash player to play the .rbs music. The .rbs file are downloaded to the harddrive as .rbs and if you rename it to .mp3 it will work on any device. Is it this you mean?

marshian

Reaction score
Maybe sending the header "Cache-Control: no-cache" along with your audio will work.

radofeya

Reaction score
I don't think so. Everything you see and hear are downloaded and cached for faster access and there is no way to stop it happen.

An example is when you use radio.blog.club. They use the flash player to play the .rbs music. The .rbs file are downloaded to the harddrive as .rbs and if you rename it to .mp3 it will work on any device. Is it this you mean?

Ya.

port5900

Reaction score
you would have to stream the audio, or make the audio into a swf and load it into a level. After the audio is finishing playing you can then have it unload the level/swf. (you can load different .swf's into levels) the audio only stays on the hard drive for the play time. google flash levels or load movie. if your using AS3 It might be different.

radofeya

Reaction score
you would have to stream the audio, or make the audio into a swf and load it into a level. After the audio is finishing playing you can then have it unload the level/swf. (you can load different .swf's into levels) the audio only stays on the hard drive for the play time. google flash levels or load movie. if your using AS3 It might be different.

HUH?
Hard to understand! I'm a newbie. Do you have any resources to learn this?

Thanks