Xbox - ??? 2010

burner35

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the latest xbox console in production right now?

Some quotes:
“Of course we’re thinking about that… we’re constantly thinking about the next thing, we have to. It’s my point about complacency - you can’t sit back on your laurels in this business - the consumer won’t let you, the developers certainly won’t let us. So that’s happening right now.”

Read more > http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2006/10/18/xbox-3-already-in-development-at-microsoft-for-2010.htm

Some people say they'll release Console and Handheld in 2010.

Can't wait!!! :O

-burner35

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Hazirak

Reaction score
Cool, once again after only four years, Microsoft is making me buy another console just to keep playing the new Xbox games.

Shortest development cycle I've heard of in a while. Still, it'll be interesting to see what kind of handheld they push out. For a company that doesn't traditionally make hardware other than keyboards and mice, their success has been surprising (then again, I've heard they don't exactly make most of the 360's hardware themselves either).

Let's just hope the 'Xbox 720' isn't white this time around - a friend of mine with an affinity for chicken nuggets showed me why that isn't such a great color for your console. ;)

burner35

Reaction score
Also they have announced the use of Blur-ray so they can top Sony again. :)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Maybe it'll be the X3. Or XIII. But then again, maybe that'd just be too unlucky.

Clinton

Reaction score
Again? This generation is far from over and they're already letting the public speak about their next console :dunno: Sounds like they're reading to drop this console early again.

burner35

Reaction score
But I can truly see Blu-Ray being used in everything.

Also the Wii 2 is announced.

enraged

Reaction score
It'll probably be something cheesy like XBOX X30 MEGA.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Where are you getting your information? Microsoft wouldn't release any specific details about a console in development until closer to release which will be in 4 or so years.

enraged

Reaction score
Imagine if the PS3 played HD-DVD instead of Blu-ray.

Haha, imagine the great sales results it would have then.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'm sure Microsoft will release a new console, but 2010 seems too early.

Rumors are going around that the HD-less console will be priced at $200, and the 60GB model will be priced at $299.

Hazirak

Reaction score
2010 doesn't really seem too early when you consider the Xbox was released in 2001, and then the Xbox 360 was pushed out in 2005. Going by just that, 2010 is actually a bit late.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Do you honestly think the MS hardware department are just going to sit on their hands for 5 years, then cobble together a new console in a year?

Of course they won't. As soon as they released the 360, they started thinking about what they would do for the next one.

R&D takes ages.

burner35

Reaction score
Actually the after the 360 was released the original creator walked out the door. Leaving Xbox unmanaged.