Google G1

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The new googlephone has been released in the US according to Swedish newspapers.

What do you think about it? Do you think you should get it?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'm an advocate of free cell phones, so until it's free, nope.

I'm enjoying my old Motorola v195s. 17 day standby, 8 hours of talk time, and the highest amount of electromagnetic radiation of them all

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd go for it, however the only provider that has it is T-Mobile. T-Mobile first of all isn't as big as a company as the one I currently have, and their 3G service is very limited. Google Android however is impressive. I'd have to wait to see how it turns out since it was only released 2 days ago. Otherwise, if I can find someone who uses T-Mobile and has a Google Android phone I'll certainly review it. Otherwise, from what I've heard, Google is using T-Mobile as a mainstream test platform, but Google should be expanding to other carriers like AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon in the future.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd go for it, however the only provider that has it is T-Mobile. T-Mobile first of all isn't as big as a company as the one I currently have, and their 3G service is very limited. Google Android however is impressive. I'd have to wait to see how it turns out since it was only released 2 days ago. Otherwise, if I can find someone who uses T-Mobile and has a Google Android phone I'll certainly review it. Otherwise, from what I've heard, Google is using T-Mobile as a mainstream test platform, but Google should be expanding to other carriers like AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon in the future.

I hope it gets at a cheap provider here in Sweden. I got "telenor" right now (aka T-mobile, pannon) and it is expensive as **** :(. 1 minute to another phone costs $0.6. I rather get "3" or "tele2"

Zangetsu

Reaction score
the googlephone looks pretty but im more interested in the guts of that thing so if someone has found some specs please post em here

heres a pic
finalaa6.png

~i hope this thing has touchscreen capabilities ^_^~

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
the googlephone looks pretty but im more interested in the guts of that thing so if someone has found some specs please post em here

heres a pic
finalaa6.png

~i hope this thing has touchscreen capabilities ^_^~

I hope it comes with swedish charachters å,ä and ö :p

fierce

Reaction score
If you ask me I think it won't be smth very special ..I think like that becoz of chrome..it wasn't very good..so if they can't make good browser they won't make better smartphone..
These are their 1st versions so I think they'll make better ones as time passes .

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It uses opensource software so you could make your own OS to it lol. I want to do that