Votes: 137 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
vista because I love everything new. If I don't got the latest software for my comp I go insane

bisgam

Reaction score
Simply the best is Windows Xp.. its gamer friendly :p
though windows vista is gaining momentum but then too i love Xp.. just coz its simple and much more efficient than vista.. :D

btw never thought about linux .. just worked on it .. heard its powerful but never tried it on home pc.. just coz its GUI is not as friendly as windows .. and its easy for other family members to use windows (cant have a full techsavy family :p)

vmadarasz

Reaction score
Re: Which Os do u prefer

What I don't like is that everyone who thinks Vista sucks has never used it on a Vista PC...

Vista is actually really good and powerful, as long as you have a computer that was built for it.

I find that Leopard is nice with graphics... but their is one thing Macs always had a problem with: THERE ARE NO MAC GAMERS!!!!!!

So far I like Ubuntu...

Well Maybe Its caused by....Macs not built for games&gamers :cool:

Well About Vista, I tried it, It was running smooth, just I dont like when its trying to suggest/tell/offer or in any other way interacting into my decisions & life... so just dontlike :naughty:

Jonne

Reaction score
xp. vista is awful, linux is weird and other i haven't tried..

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I use Mac OS X 10.5.4 Leopard at the time. Apple is coming out with another update to OS X (which is probably going to be 10.6.x) called Snow Leopard. I might get it, but I'm not sure.

deadeye536

Reaction score
I'm all for XP, it's got a nice interface, all my games run fine, and with the proper firewalls, it's secure. Vista is a complete Memory and Processor hog, although secure, it has to ask for permission for everything which is annoying. Linux is beast, but there aren't that many programs for it. Mac I find to be quite crappy, just looking at some youtube videos, also how stereotypic they are in their commercials.

kkenny

Reaction score

Well Maybe Its caused by....Macs not built for games&gamers :cool:

Well About Vista, I tried it, It was running smooth, just I dont like when its trying to suggest/tell/offer or in any other way interacting into my decisions & life... so just dontlike :naughty:

Macs could be built for gamers if and only if people used VMWARE or something of the sort. I heard a rumor that Mac was going to create an all offical Windows emulator so peopel cold use windows software on a mac.

anirtak143

Reaction score

Macs could be built for gamers if and only if people used VMWARE or something of the sort. I heard a rumor that Mac was going to create an all offical Windows emulator so peopel cold use windows software on a mac.

awesome! if that would happen then im totally buying a mac.. once everything(sound,video graphics etc) are supported.. ^^ im not really a mac fanatic coz of the hardware stuff... u buy mac hardware for ur mac.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

That, along with the fact that the new MacBooks are coming with both GeForce 9400Ms and GeForce 9600M cards in one package, and the Mac Pro since it's a really fast unit.

fempower

Reaction score
I can't stand any version of Windows. It's so unfortunate how prevalent Windows is; I've been working on it since 3.1. The Blue Screens, slowness, security holes, and bloat get me every time. It does, however, have the most games... Apples/Macs have always been so pretty and intuitive, but relatively expensive. I'm going to use Ubuntu on my next system.

naerey

Reaction score
OS X all the way.
Sure, it runs only on Macs (which are pretty expensive... I have the cheapest model out there :p ), but IT'S WORTH IT.
I've been using XP,RedHat and Ubuntu before that.

Mac doesn't have many games, but then again, I only play (used to.. ) browser-based games and now, the only game I play is Urban Terror, which runs on mac :D

As for programs.. there are tons of great programs on mac. There are fewer than on windows, but of higher quality :p

j4k3s7a

Reaction score
ive been on XP for a very long time, and finally got the guts to try out vista, and i loved it since the begining, after i turned the User Account Controll off that is. vista's aero is utterly amazing, i love showing off the live thumbnails and stuff. as far as crashing goes, i havent had a single crash yet in the 2 months ive been pretty much constantly running it.
the only problem ive run into so far is that it takes a gig of ram just to run, but with 3 gigs, thats not bad, seing as i had 2 gigs on xp, but besides that, its amazing

scottnj

Reaction score

XP is great. I still don't care what people say, Vista is a terrible operating system. In fact, so terrible that Microsoft is going to release Windows 7 in a a couple years to show what Vista was supposed to be!

I'll say it once and I'll say it again: Vista = Millennium Edition
I love XP, compared to Vista it is lightweight, and fast.
Windows 7 Eh? I'll have to look that up.
I also didn't like ME, and I definately don't like Vista.

I'd rather use my own OS...
Which I am working on making as of now, with the help of a few friends. :)

Personally, I think windows sucks, Linux you can't play very many games on, and Mac is restricted to using mostly stuff made by Apple.

I would like to try out you OS one day. I have a very old laptop (Win 98 w/ 256MB Ram and 3.5GB HD) and if it will fit on there, I would try it. (I won't use my good computers, only the crappy ones.)

Windows isn't really bad, it is just a little vulnerable or sluggish sometimes. I like the performance on Macs, but you can't always find software that is compatible. Plus macs are quite expensive.

I use Windows Vista on my main machine. It's NOT annoying (even with UAC on), uses few resources on my machine, and is logical. It's not just about Aero. For those who haven't tried it, I say give it a try. You will be surprised.
I was surprised.... at how much I hate it. :mad: Sure it looks nice, but it hogs way to much RAM and CPU. If I had a quadcore CPU and 4 G Ram, then I would be fine with it. I have had it for 5 months, and the only reason I havn't downgraded to XP is because I don't think I will be able to find all the drivers.

TaoPhoenix

Reaction score

I'd rather use my own OS...
Which I am working on making as of now, with the help of a few friends. :)

Personally, I think windows sucks, Linux you can't play very many games on, and Mac is restricted to using mostly stuff made by Apple.

Beyond simple functionality like command line stuff, how do you avoid feature explosion?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score

Beyond simple functionality like command line stuff, how do you avoid feature explosion?

Simply make the operating system with the GUI and everything with some tools to get going, and don't pack stuff all into one place. Not too hard but yet again those extra features can be a bit useful, like Windows Movie Maker for example. Useful if you make basic videos.

Noodles8

Reaction score
I think if you build your own computers. Using Windows O/S is not a bad choice at all. Now...that said. If you go buy a computer from any store, chances are when you get it turned on, there will be a TON of crap loaded on there. I hate that they pre-load everything now. Before, when you got a genuine windows disc, at least you could choose whether or not to install all the extra junk.

I've still yet to dip my hands into Linux or OSX. But I'd really like to give Ubantu a try, or any of flavors for that matter.

Anirban1987

Reaction score
I would like to go for Windows Vista. It has robust security system , easy to use and attracting graphical interface.

Max1337

Reaction score
I just got my hands on a copy of Windows 7! :D
Lol. My friend got me a copy of it, cuz his dad works for Microsoft :shifty:
I think it's a much better improvement than all other previous Windows versions.
I think though, that it looks a lot like Vista...
But has more features than Vista, from what I've seen so far.

Screenshot of System Properties:

Attachments

• windows7qg9.jpg
    windows7qg9.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:

xPlozion

Reaction score
i don't think i commented, but I use Archlinux as my primary os, and XP when i want to play games that don't work under wine or cedega...

Status
Not open for further replies.