If a nuclear World War III were to break out tommorow, what would you do?

blahmenator

Reaction score
I was reading an interesting article the other day about the differing "readiness" of various countries for a nuclear war. For instance, Switzerland has a nuclear fallout bomb shelter for every single one of its citizens (actually, they have a surplus...). For obvious reasons, here in New Zealand, we have next to nothing.

If a nuclear war were to break out tommorow, would your country/community be able to survive?

I'm not paranoid by the way, just interested...

Zangetsu

Reaction score
well what would i do ? uhmm i think there wont be anything i can do other then wait for the shock wave to obliterate my house along with me

however if there was a chance i would survive the shock wave the radiation would kill me for sure

but if i were lucky enough to survive those two, i would go some where and wait if i was a young boy and i would grow up and if the war was over by then the landscape should look like the "zone" with demolished buildings wrecked cars weeds growing everywhere and there are numerous factions that want you to join etc, etc,

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
Idk What I would do. Run around clueless. I definatly wouldn't go run and hide.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I would be very afraid of what would happen, and then I'd divide Earth by 0 :D. Just kidding on the divide by zero part, but certainly that is quite a scary thought to think of.

Last edited:

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
wouldnt we be dead? lol

well i would run the he11 out of here and go to mars =P

thebabyhater

Reaction score
I'd grab every gun I own, a few thousand rounds of ammo, enough food and water to last for about five years. Then all I have to do is hole up in the local fallout shelter... and wait.

And you think I'm joking. :p

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I live in an apartment complex made of concrete and reinforced steel. I can't even get cell phone reception in here.. this place IS a bomb shelter haha

But regardless I don't think this will happen anytime soon (at least I hope not)

Zangetsu

Reaction score
I live in an apartment complex made of concrete and reinforced steel. I can't even get cell phone reception in here.. this place IS a bomb shelter haha

But regardless I don't think this will happen anytime soon (at least I hope not)

lol a concrete reinforced building unless totally underground
wouldnt survive a nuclear blast and even if the shrapnel doesnt kill you the radiation sure would

nchgaming

Reaction score
Let's see....I'd tell "Little chicken" that the sky REALLY is falling!

IF you want to survive such, and I mean IF.... I'd head to the nearest fallout shelter... (do you know where your nearest one is??? I do!)
bring as much non perishable food as I could carry, a battery operated am/fm radio, and all my handheld ham radios! (oh..and a woman! ...to repopulate if needed)

Last edited:

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I'd do nothing, as New Zealand is a nuclear-free zone. :D

But seriously, I'd find somewhere to hide (Rangitoto?).

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If a nuclear war was to occur....

I bet the major cities would be the target for any nuclear attacks....I am not that far from Washington DC in USA, and only 40 minutes with traffic from NYC.....I would definately know that those are the first two places being hit, by anything, just like every other major city all over the world like the capital of germany/russia/japan/china and so on.

If a nuclear war was to be called in, I would use friends and family to get food. I would use guns for protection (chances of me needing one are very low in America, against a war being fought here)...then I would just do whatever my life desires.....

Hang around ladies all the time/walk around with nothing on...(well ok, I would have my boxers on)....I would forget my mortgage, or cars or anything like that...I would spend time with my family, and friends, and live happy with no worries AT ALL since we are all basically dead anyway.

Overall idea...
If a nuclear war was to erupt for whatever reason, I would forget money, grab some guns/rob a limo/sleep with my wife, stay around friends and family, ....live life to the fullest until I am dead.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I would run around a lot . Hide under a rock. Become a roach :runaway:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
I would run around a lot . Hide under a rock. Become a roach :runaway:

if only it was that simple...

any way if you live in a huge city like Miami, Amsterdam, or Washington DC you'll be likelier to be targeted then if you were to live in ohh Ohio, Piedmont or Liano and i dont think there are that many nukes in the world unless you take the arsenal of the other side

scottnj

Reaction score
Well, if for some odd reason, the attackers shot one at my city (which I doubt), and I didn't die from the bomb, I would probably have a heart attack and die.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
That makes me feel great since I live at Ft. Lauderdale. I don't think it will happen, we learn from our mistakes?

cased

Reaction score
I think everyone would be going to New Zealand. Since they are a nuclear free zone, they can't defend themselves and we can just kick them out. Better them than us. And if they put up too much resistance? We'll nuke them. It's not like they can retaliate.

GBH187

Reaction score
For obvious reasons, here in New Zealand, we have next to nothing.

Yeah but don't worry when you turn 18 and head to Australia to collect centrelink payments you will be able to claim radiation poisoning through medicare.

:thefinger

Last edited:

Hoobrum

Reaction score
I would profiteer by buying all the world supply of toilet paper that I could and then selling each for an astronomical figure.

He who holds the world supply of toilet paper, controls the world.

And i'm not just limiting to toilet paper, I would start to acquire all the paper napkins, toilettes and later on towels in the world. And live out as an emperor based on my paper, towel and drapes monopoly.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
I think everyone would be going to New Zealand. Since they are a nuclear free zone, they can't defend themselves and we can just kick them out. Better them than us. And if they put up too much resistance? We'll nuke them. It's not like they can retaliate.

We have a lot of farms, so go and pitch a tent on one. :p

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If it came to a Nuclear war, all this hyperbole would be forgotten. We would do well to cry out as a nation to God for His help and mercy.