Databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

holeepassion

Reaction score
I am wondering it is possible to use the same databases for two websites ?

What are the pro and cons ???

Thank you

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
There really aren't any, unless they use the same tables, which then the might conflict.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say as long as you don't have too many sites in the same database it's ok to let them share. Just make sure that each site uses a logical prefix to distinguish them from each others, you'll have a bit of problem if you ever need to alter something through phpmyadmin otherwise.
I prefer to split them up in different databases if I can, to make it easier to get a view over the tables related to each site.

holeepassion

Reaction score
There really aren't any, unless they use the same tables, which then the might conflict.

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I am too novice to play around with tables etc for now, though.

I'd say as long as you don't have too many sites in the same database it's ok to let them share. Just make sure that each site uses a logical prefix to distinguish them from each others, you'll have a bit of problem if you ever need to alter something through phpmyadmin otherwise.
I prefer to split them up in different databases if I can, to make it easier to get a view over the tables related to each site.

Thank you for the kind response. I would separate them for now. Since I am using free hosting, which means I only have one free database to be shared :D :lockd:
Edit:

Thank you very much for the confirmation. I am too novice to play around with tables etc for now, though.

Thank you for the kind response. I would separate them for now. Since I am using free hosting, which means I only have one free database to be shared :D :lockd:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.