Want to join the x10 team? Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Okay, We are now looking for some moderators to join the x10 team. Requirements are alittle different, so we'll go over them here:

1. Must be atleast 16 years or older.
  2. Must have more than 200 posts on forums
  3. May not have any past infractions from staff. If you do they must be expired, and you need to explain them in the comments section of the application. We will overlook some. :)
  4. Need to have some knowledge of hosting, and what we do here at x10Hosting. ;)
  5. Be able to devote some time to x10, We're not asking for all day, but we are going to spend time training you on becoming an account manager and above, we need to have a commitment.

If you feel you'd be a good match for this, then come on over to http://forums.x10hosting.com/modapp.php and apply! It may take a few days or more to get an answer, but we will be actively reviewing and adding new moderators. If you do not meet the requirements above, then don't waste our time, Please!

EDITED::

I will make exceptions to the posts, as long as you're close. If you only have 10, dont apply. If you have 160, 170 then go for it.

Infractions, again, if they have expired, and you dont have a ton of them, then apply.

Age, I am sorry but we cannot make exceptions to this. I know of users who say they know of current staff who are younger than this, This just went into effect recently, And, this is the first public announcement of this requirement.

We ask that you know alittle about x10, and the way our service works, We don't expect you to be able to setup and run a server by yourself, We expect you to be able and willing to learn, and we'll introduce you to our systems and the way things work around here.

As for the time, We do need staff who can be here some, Moderators arent required to do much, But, moderator is the opening position to Account Manager, and they are responsible for client support, account functions, etc. We are trying to keep our support response time going good.

Typically the way this works is: Once you apply, current staff login and rate your app, so make it good, then they'll post comments for other staff to see in a private area, Then, myself and another staff manager get together and review them, and make an offer to you.

Last edited:

Conmiro

Reaction score
Dang, I gotta wait. aww man, I have infractions :(.

Can I get rid of these somehow?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
To all the members who are willing and eligible to apply please fill out the entire form to the best of your abilities. Too many times we've turned away people just because the application was blank or no effort was put into it at all.

hamsn

Reaction score
I think I everything of said, maybe few posts less?
Edit:
I satisfy everything except for my posts...

Lets see

Last edited:

fierce

Reaction score
To all the members who are willing and eligible to apply please fill out the entire form to the best of your abilities. Too many times we've turned away people just because the application was blank or no effort was put into it at all.
Why do we must write application ..not just write the info in here or via PM ?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Why do we must write application ..not just write the info in here or via PM ?

I don't understand what your asking.

If you're asking why you need to write in the application then the reason is that the application is our interview. We will discuss it and give our view points on what we like, don't like etc. When someone submits a blank application it defeats the whole purpose.

Along those lines when someone submits a very short, one line per question answer with bad grammar it shows that the member in question filled out the application very quickly with little thought.

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
i think hes asking

Why do we need to fill an application?

Cant we just post it here?

fierce

Reaction score
I don't understand what your asking.

If you're asking why you need to write in the application then the reason is that the application is our interview. We will discuss it and give our view points on what we like, don't like etc. When someone submits a blank application it defeats the whole purpose.

Along those lines when someone submits a very short, one line per question answer with bad grammar it shows that the member in question filled out the application very quickly with little thought.
can't we just write here or via PM ?

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
np, glad to help,

but it wouldnt make sense if you just posted it here... everyone would see it

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm, since there is an age limit now, I have until the summer time until I can apply. Oh well. Adds to the lazy factor in me!

Coldfirezz

Reaction score
I would love to help out here. Submitted my application. Good luck to everyone who applies.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
For me i have evrything except posts...

1) much more than 16 years
2) Don't have 200 posts :crying:
3) Don't have any infractions
4) I have knowledge of hosting
5) I can spend time on forum.

Posting is not mandatory in X10. so i used to login every day or so and just check for new posts for that day and i used leave forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.