America, breaking up??!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
MOSCOW -- For a decade, Russian academic Igor Panarin has been predicting the U.S. will fall apart in 2010. For most of that time, he admits, few took his argument -- that an economic and moral collapse will trigger a civil war and the eventual breakup of the U.S. -- very seriously. Now he's found an eager audience: Russian state media.

"There's a 55-45% chance right now that disintegration will occur," he says. "One could rejoice in that process," he adds, poker-faced. "But if we're talking reasonably, it's not the best scenario -- for Russia." Though Russia would become more powerful on the global stage, he says, its economy would suffer because it currently depends heavily on the dollar and on trade with the U.S.

the article is http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html
P1-AO116_RUSPRO_NS_20081228191715.gif
Okay.....America is breaking up according to that article.......please tell me what you think.....I HOPE THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN........

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
oh yea i heard about this... it MIGHT happen... but it dont think so

This guy is a great fan, of this other person who predicted the fall of the Soviet Union 15 years before it happened. He introduced this to the public in Russia for years now.....he is anti american, (I think...article says no he is not)...but he is a fan of the PEPSI, and Former KGB Member....all groups who don't like the USA.....if this guy is taking everything into consideration, following someone elses way of getting this information or prediction (using layout of a profound frenchman who predicted soviet fall 15 years before it happens..... now according to this guys extensive back ground....I would hate for this to be true....but it is true, on how US would break up, into those sections....

i wouldn't mind joining the European Union :p

European Union......in my opinion would be the best to join if this happens.....but listen to this....canada is taking the WORLDS 1/4 supply of grain/wheat....think about that (middle of US, is a grand producer of those products)...

I have been reading up on the fall of many nations like the fall of the Roman empire, soviet union, and what problems they had, that were often overlooked by them....
some of those problems...is the amount of influence other nations had on them....the economic problems, and the lack of control or government agencies keeping the place in tact......in my opinion, when Obama does become president....with the problems the former Soviat Union had, and other great nations...we are having many of them right now...

This is the time for me to use my ammendment right....and start buying some **d da***d weapons....you can never be too protected or secure. Speaking of weapons...if a civil war does break out, due to economic problems....buying ammunition and fixing my house in europe away from the civil war...if anything....

Do I like this article or what it predicts.... NOPE....and I hope it does not happen.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that in an industry as tightly linked as the US, nearly impossible for a split up. All this is part of the business cycle. Morally yes, momentary poverty might cause a civil dispute, hysteria, ect. Here is the cycle as I see it: A broken down market is great investment grounds and a great place to start competing markets because when a market is down, there is more room to go up. When a market is up, there is much more room for a business to fail, due to competition. For a global economic breakdown requires a mass of top business companies to fall by chain reaction, but that only leaves room for investors to come in, and buy while it's cheap. Now there is space for a whole new market growth that was occupied by monopolies that put business down in the first place. There has been ups, followed by downs, followed by ups, but as the market reaches rock bottom there is only one direction left. Here is my logic, and as far as I recall history has not defied that rule.

Last edited:

withambition

Reaction score
He just seems like a no one who is attempting to achieve some infamy for a fallacious and biased theory. Apparently, his ploy has been rather successful.

Digest this first line.

"Panarin's views also fit neatly with the Kremlin's narrative that Russia is returning to its rightful place on the world stage after the weakness of the 1990s..."

Now this second:
... Mr. Panarin insists he does not dislike Americans...

From what we can gather from those two statements is that Mr. Panarin has a strong sense of nationalism for Russia, but doesn't necessarily dislike Americans. That may be the case, but his nationalism seems to be the driving force behind his theory. Perhaps America isn't the powerhouse that it used to be, but it could still pack a punch. Russia is still recovering from the fall of the Soviet Union and since the Cold War technically never ended, the tension between America and Russia still lingers. Yeah yeah, he doesn't dislike Americans; however, America, the country as a whole, is what he seems to be after. From what I've looked up of this "Igor Panarin" it seems as though one of his 'hobbies' is psychology. What would happen if you shouted "fire!" or some other jargon at a theater? Mass chaos. That is exactly what this Mr. Panarin is expected to accomplish, as well as the infamy. If his article gets out, Americans might get chaotic because of the commotion his outlandish remarks create.

And then Mr. Panarin states that Americans are waiting for miracles. What miracles are we waiting for? Obama plans to bring the troops home, which would help our economy immensely. It's no miracle, Mr Panarin - it's logic.

He also mentions a Civil War. We already had a Civil War with the Confederacy attempting to break free from the Union. It failed then and would probably fail again.

I think I'm going to write an article about how Siberian caribou are attempting to gain independence from Russia...

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I could see this happening as well, but I don't see any large southern alliances.. I could see Texas going back to becoming it's own country once again. It's one of the few states that is faring quite well in this recession

However the government would have to lose total control in order for this to happen, and I don't think this is likely as they are already preparing for civil unrest due to the economy

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
All great countries started small, with small plans and small expenses. All great countries or Empires started small....America started with probably 1/25th of it's current size, (13 original colonies...[don't forget we now have Alaska)].

Well Rome fell, the Soviat Union fell, how did that start?...it started from a very small part of it that wanted to leave, or corrupt and destroy itself.

Let me say this now.....America was small, America is now BIG.
America had small bills....America now has BIG BILLS
America had a small amount of people to keep control of....it now has 25 times that much more people to keep control of.
America is great, and America is accepting people from all over the world. All these people get together, and live in special parts of the USA, (like back then in NYC).

As far as I know....according to the layout this guy has come up with, from which America would separate into...America does have 4, main groups of people, and those 4 main groups of people, do live in those sections the map outlines. One city or state that wants to leave....and succeeds after a Civil War, causes other states to think of leaving...causing more chaos and mishap.

America is big, and as you know, not everyone can be kept in check. As you know, 1 person can make a difference to a great group of people (Martian Luther King)...now think of this, what if I said, there is a guy that has soo much more influence in the USA then the President of the USA himself?...what if I said, there is a lady that has more Power in the USA, then the president does himself?...what If I said, congress is and will always be money driven?....what If I said, a normal person, with a great psychological background could and may as well start making speeches of a divided US?.....did you know, statistics show, according to what they have said, or been tested on, that Congress and America's other Ranking positions are more corrupt then anything out there today?

One person can make a difference...is this former KGB member going to start something against the USA...nope...will his followers want to try and full full this guys blatant arguments according to the former tactics used to determine by a Frenchman when the Soviet union would fall 15 years before it did?...the market is garbage...people are losing their homes...people want money......

well money brings greed and that brings robberies and that brings more crimes and crimes lead to death and death in such a massive circle does indeed bring a civil war, a civil war that may as well break the US in 4 main parts.

withambition

Reaction score
I don't think that Rome or the Soviet Union fell because a small part wanted to leave. Perhaps that was part of the reason, but I know for sure that a large part of the fall of Rome was due to the immense size of the empire and the lack of keeping the empire in control, mostly to barbarian attacks.

I could be wrong though..

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think that Rome or the Soviet Union fell because a small part wanted to leave. Perhaps that was part of the reason, but I know for sure that a large part of the fall of Rome was due to the immense size of the empire and the lack of keeping the empire in control, mostly to barbarian attacks.

I could be wrong though..

no you are correct, to keep control was hard....mostly due to barbarian attacks.....but that is why parts of it wanted to leave.....many places felt the empire was not giving proper protection and thus fought to be let out (in a way) and little by little, Rome did become smaller or lost the co-existing war with the barbarians.

Sohail

Reaction score
I doubt that would happen, he can't be physic..?

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
United States of America

If this would come even close to happening, Texas would just defeat the other countries back into the United States of America.

How would Texas would conquer them back?
Chuck Norris.

Enough said.

Last edited:

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I second that.
is that sarcasm...with wanting to join china or japan?....

Wooo I'm joining the EU!
In my opinion the best continent to be a part of, in terms of financial security....(in a way)

Yeah! NH will be with NY
NH, and NY...what this guy plans is not definite...and things can always change....chances are the amount of influence other regions give to parts of the USA will develop where they may choose to go....the guy is sceptic with the east coast ever joining the European nation's ...and has also said, that if anything, if the East did want to become it's own country it has a chance to do it.

I just hope we stay like this for a long time....think of what Canada gets....1/4 of the worlds wheat/ bread making materials....

Russians get close to the USA, which many russians do hate or dislike a lot...

Japan/china will take california....BYE BYE HOLLYWOOD, hello CHI CHING WOODS...(trying to come up with the way to say holly and wood in japense)....they take las vegas....(since when did asians get stupid and gamble...(asians are in my opinion one of the most educated groups people in the world)...they know better then to gamble....area 61, 41, 12, and Section 8-10 will go to Japan/china....well good luck with the new Nuclear World War...Mexico taking the south....texas, can still stand as it's own country...chances are, it might not want to join mexico...since they have run into trouble a long time ago...

And for The East part of the USA...we have New York City, the worlds financil institutions are held here....America breaks in peices, and NYC along with other neighboring current states will go down....

...like I said, this is a guys prediction, though his friend predicted the soviat union falling 15 years before it would fall....lets hope this guy does not have the same knowledge his friend had.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Read my post above yours.
Very close post time difference...

John Klyne

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I doubt that would happen, he can't be physic..?

He is not physic....the ways this guy came up with his *plan* is not that different of that the frenchman came up with the Soviate union falling 15 years after he predicted it...

United States of America

If this come even close to happening, Texas would just defeat the other countries back into the United States of America or may change the anme to United States of Texas. ;]

How would Texas would conquer them back?
Chuck Norris.

Enough said.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.....so many states have wanted to get away from the UNION, the (USA) well the rest of the USA, stopped them...and thus they are still with us....now...if a number of states want to leave....that makes A LOT more soldiers for people who want to stay to have to fight...(Called a Civil War)....yea the guy even has an idea of the day this might start....

..Is is possible for one state to take action and want to leave..YES
Is it possible for one state to have enough courage to make the rest of the states who wanted to leave a while ago, leave now?....with the financial crisis we are having now...yes it is.....can this happen, yes it can....will it happen without a war?...Nope..

What does this mean...it means get your weapons locked and loaded...(I have always wanted to say the Get your weapons locked and loaded....so here it is hehe).

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I highly doubt it.
Yes, we did go to war after the Great deppression, but not with ourselves.
We may get provoked, but not do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.