Every Time I try to install an SQL Database I get this message

mrkgg

Reaction score

The installation can not be completed:

- You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain.

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

If you have any idea on how to fix this please let me know

:dunno:Thx

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Open up your favorite FTP Program.

Sign into your account on your server.

Open up: .cpanel

There should be a file in there called. "installed_in_root.php" or something to that effect.

Simply comment out the line with your domain, and try to re-install using Fantastico.

julie524

Reaction score

There should be a file in there called. "installed_in_root.php" or something to that effect.

Simply comment out the line with your domain, and try to re-install using Fantastico.
Hi, I'm getting the same error message and don't have any file similar to the one you mentioned deleting. Is there something else I can do? I'm trying to install WordPress. Thanks.

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
I can do a custom install of wordpress for you for free.

Email me at hanlon.neil@gmail.com

Or, are you using an FTP client? or cPanel File Manager?

julie524

Reaction score
I'm trying to do it through cPanel/Fantastico. It worked the other day, but had to redo it because I couldn't get the wp-config file to work correctly so I uninstalled it yesterday and tried to reinstall it today, but its saying there's already a script.

julie524

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I found that "root" file. It was in a different folder. I took out the line with my domain name in it and it let me install the script, but now there's all kinds of warnings.

Warning: fopen(/home/julie524/public_html/beautifulmess/fantastico_fileslist.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 174

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 177

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 177

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico//includes/enc_installation_func.inc.php on line 179

1) File: /home/ADMINNAME/public_html/FOLDERNAME/wp-config.php [ERROR! ]
2) File: /home/ADMINNAME/public_html/FOLDERNAME/data.sql [ERROR! ]

And there's a 404 message when I try to view the website.

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Staff member
Reaction score
ok.

Lets try installing it manually.

First, delete everything from your blog folder that has to do with wordpress. Then, go into Fantastico and uninstall wordpress.

Then:

Download this:
http://wordpress.org/latest.zip

Then, upload it to your hosting account, into the folder you want. And extract it using cPanel File Manager.

Then, run the install, and install it into an SQL database.

E-Mail me if you need help.

hanlon.neil@gmail.com

linux5

Reaction score

Thanks for the useful info. I had the same problem.