Afew questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonthefisherman

Reaction score
Is it possible to make custom error pages? (Like 404.shtml)

Is it my website, or the server that is slow?. Because my website takes forever to load and its not that big.

Why do certin pages update, and others wont. (I changed my website layout, and about.html still looks the same as it did before. However, when I look at the code it shows the new code)

Is it possible, to allow my friend to update only certin pages/files of the website. (Like only have access to the file manager?).

A few days ago I bought a domain from X10hosting, and I parked it.
But when I click on a page on my website it goes to like mydomain.com/index.php or mydomain.com/photos.html.
How can I change it so it just says Mydomain.com no matter what page the person is viewing?.

Thanks.

Last edited:

bnaylor

Reaction score
1.) Under cpanel there is a link to change error pages. Near the bottom.
2.)Depends what kind of internet you have, how big the site is and if there are large images, or it could be the server.
3.)Did you refresh, empty your cache?
4.)No it is not possible, and i believe that you are not to allow anyone access to your account except for you. The only way to do that would be to create or use a CMS with users and permissions.

Jonthefisherman

Reaction score
1.) Under cpanel there is a link to change error pages. Near the bottom.
2.)Depends what kind of internet you have, how big the site is and if there are large images, or it could be the server.
3.)Did you refresh, empty your cache?
4.)No it is not possible, and i believe that you are not to allow anyone access to your account except for you. The only way to do that would be to create or use a CMS with users and permissions.

How do I empty my cache?
and the site doesnt have many big images and its also slow for all my friends. So i'm guessing its the server.

And even though I have a custom 404.shtml page set, the X10 one still comes up

Last edited:

bnaylor

Reaction score
Well x10 still has some bugs they will fix them eventually. To empty your cache, im assuming your on windows, tools -> internet options -> clear temp files.

Jonthefisherman

Reaction score
Thanks, clearing my cache worked. One last question.
A few days ago I bought a domain from X10hosting, and I parked it.
But when I click on a page on my website it goes to like mydomain.com/index.php or mydomain.com/photos.html.
How can I change it so it just says Mydomain.com no matter what page the person is viewing?.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
You could make a large iFrame and contain your data in it. It's not the best approach to do it, but it gets the job done. Would you like to see a code example?

Jonthefisherman

Reaction score
You could make a large iFrame and contain your data in it. It's not the best approach to do it, but it gets the job done. Would you like to see a code example?
No thanks, I used Iframe with my old site design to avoid the file name at the end of the URL. I would use Iframe but it makes the site look strange sometimes and it can prevent users being able to log into some scripts like cutenews (If extra security thing is set to true).

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Then I don't think it's possible. What's wrong with showing the whole URL anyway?

Reaction score
Yes, it is called masking.

I'm not sure if one) if x10Hosting offers that or two) how to do it at x10Hosting.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
(They used to use iFrames, they dont anymore though)

So I dont know what they be talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.