Anymore WoW's?

uosnetwork

Reaction score
Does anyone think there will be another World of Warcraft (WoW)? If so, when?

idfizbo

Reaction score
I don't understand... another one? Like a sequel? Usually, that isn't a very good idea for MMO developers, because they essentially polarize their playerbase. Half of the people rush out and buy the new one and subsequently stop playing the old one, and the other half is for whatever reason stuck with the original but they now feel like they're on an outdated game.

The smart (and most realistic) thing for a MMO company to do is just release patches and expansions to the game they already have.

theczechguy

Reaction score
Depends. If you mean "Will there every be another game that had as much of an impact?" Then the answer is probably not. Not only did WoW change the way MMO's worked (in some ways negatively), it will be very hard for another game to compete with the rich story and history that Blizzard had developed for the last 15years. The only way another game will be able to compete with that is the next Blizzard MMO.

If you mean, "Will there be a WoW2?". At this point, that would be bad. But, since were getting close to the final confrontation, the final Bad Guy, any future expansion will be really weak for storywise. Yes, there are a few more story lines to address, but they aren't as epic as the one we're in right now. What Blizzard should do is release Warcraft 4, give an updated story and a new Villain, then they will have a good set up for WoW2.

Now, Blizzard has announced that they are pulling resources and building teams for the next MMO, but no word on what it is yet. This could either be Diablo or Starcraft both which have sequels coming out in the next year and both of which could set the stage for the next MMO. My money is on a Diable MMO since that will best fit with their formula. A Starcraft MMO will have to be more like Planetside to fit with the universe.

thebabyhater

Reaction score
I hope it's not Diablo. That game series is amazing, just for the fact that is ISN'T an MMO. If they change that, they lose me. :(

theczechguy

Reaction score
Well, you're in luck. Blizzard revealed that the new MMO will be a completely new franchise.

config

Reaction score
wow is the best mmorpg game..the game play is just good..:lockd:

zharwoodjhs

Reaction score
Any word on what the name is of the new franchise? Could you please post a link to where you found that out?

whitebus

Reaction score
There are plenty of fantasy races they could add for character creation, or even mixed race characters (i.e. half-breeds) that could invade or transform the world. They could add "ages" and time travel could be accomplished through engineered time machines or mysterious obilisks... this would allow them to use existing maps that could be re-skinned and repopulated for the different age. There is still a lot of untapped potential for WoW.
I'd like to see it move to open-source for community added content.

odiocho

Reaction score
I hope not. World of Warcraft eats your friends' souls so you have nobody to talk to when you're bored.

What this guy said. We all know WoW wants to be the first game to make the level cap 1337 because there's more money in it that way.

:thefinger when SC2 comes out, I will be as happy in a hog in **** heaven.

lnakuma

Reaction score
Well, you're in luck. Blizzard revealed that the new MMO will be a completely new franchise.

Could it be World of Starcraft??? lol

Anyway,

Wow is a huge impact game, but have anybody ever heard Eve Online?
I've heard different opinions about which mmorpg game is the best game in the world.

Elesarr

Reaction score
been playing WoW for 4 years now :biggrin:

hasn't eaten my soul!

the ones who get lost in WoW generally don't feel they have much of a life anyway and feel like they are a part of something in the MMORPG and often times the ones who feel like their friends have "no time" for them is because they feel "left out" (not meant disrespectfully that is coming from a societal observation) In many ways WoW is a huge Social Networking environment.

and there is still plenty of content for them to release that they haven't even touched upon in Azeroth, tons of areas that are only half complete ;)

Imho they will continue to add to WoW and work on their new franchise at the same time.

Last edited:

richneerd

Reaction score
I quit WoW finally after 5 years of playing - top end game guild and everything, it was hard, but I had to do it due to life changing event's.

1. Full time job 7 A.M. - 6 P.M.
2. Creating my own family with my wife soon ;)
3. Photography
4. Slowly disconnecting myself from gaming and doing thing's that are more productive in my life.

It was a good run! I still love WoW but It's time to level up in life and I believe I will play Activision Blizzard next MMO. They said it will be a new franchise, new lore and everything.

I want to play it but at the same time I don't want to play it :lol:

We will see!

goldy1

Reaction score
I know this is an old forum, but wanted to post since the new X-pac was announced;) I'm a total wow - geek, and that's why i wanted to make a site.

achilleasgr

Prime Account
Reaction score
I think WoW is just WoW. It will only expand (there will only be expansions). Now that it's population is bigger than the place where I live (Greece), I think it may even outlive its creators!
I mean, haven't we seen in patch after patch people of its stuff dying and the patch being dedicated to the dead person?
In the barrens, there is even a grave of a person that died while World of Warcraft was in the makings.
WoW might even become the first online graveyard!
And I am almost serious.

sarphon

Reaction score
I feel wow will be a major commodity it is true even for that small fan base that still play everquest even though it is so outdated.

Elesarr

Reaction score
I have been playing wow for over 4 years now, and decided I needed to try something new.

Aion, from NCSoft, kicks butt! It is well done and far exceeds many things that WoW tried to do ;)

I suggest people read about the game online and if it tickles your fancy give it a try you'll be glad you did. :biggrin:

tridge

Reaction score
I have been playing wow for over 4 years now, and decided I needed to try something new.

Aion, from NCSoft, kicks butt! It is well done and far exceeds many things that WoW tried to do ;)

I suggest people read about the game online and if it tickles your fancy give it a try you'll be glad you did. :biggrin:

Agree'd, I've tried WoW in the past and couldn't stand it. I've been playing AION for a few weeks now, I love it.