Suspension for high-usage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

composerdude

Reaction score
I have Wordpress running on my free account. Funny thing is, on Tuesday, I don't remember even going to my website to do a routine post, let alone any major plug-in use or any other script that would overload the server.

High-usage? With the number of people suspended, for apparently no reason, and the inability to unsuspend myself (I've tried 3 times), I feel gypped.

X10hosting rocks, but the current version of the high-usage script seems reeeeeally buggy.

massimo

Reaction score
Add me to the long list of "surprised to get the unsuspension page over 2 days ago, but for no apparent reason". I haven't even uploaded anything and just happened to check my site.

I can't access my Account Panel or Control Panel so I can't open a support ticket.

There is no wordpress and no special scripts on my site, just static pages with simple php includes.

And ps: Always thought I was on absolut :?

Hairybiker

Reaction score
I also had this:-

You have been suspended for high system resource usage.
Accounts are suspended for usage when they are detected
to have consistently high cpu usage, memory usage, or
process amounts. This is an automatic suspension, you're
able to unsuspend yourself immediately.
Warning 1 of 3

I only have a small htlm site with 4 or 5 pictures, I have got my
site back now but am concerned about the warning I got.
Can it be removed please.

Gareth

zen-r

Reaction score
You need to submit Support tickets now
if you want to query the high-usage warning.

Corey did state this in his post in this thread yesterday, but for some reason he didn't update his post in the News section, to say the same thing.

If you're suspended for high resource usage AFTER this post not earlier today or yesterday and you believe it is wrong please open a support ticket so we can look into it.

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

a94060

Reaction score
personally,i think that implementing the high usage system following RIGHT after an upgrade doesnt seem like a wise idea. It would seem like a smarter idea to implement it after all the accounts work properly. From reading the previous posts, I feel like i could see Wordpress sites and site with a lot of pictures running into complications with the current suspension system.

Just my 2 cents, i still enjoy the service (not banned yet ;))

amruthls

Reaction score
Well now my account's not suspended, but I cannot access my site. I get a Failed to Connect error in Firefox. What could be the problem?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well now my account's not suspended, but I cannot access my site. I get a Failed to Connect error in Firefox. What could be the problem?

Apache may be having some problems at the moment. It's typically a matter of waiting when something fails to connect.

amruthls

Reaction score
Apache may be having some problems at the moment. It's typically a matter of waiting when something fails to connect.

Cool. I guess then there are no issues any more

Evan1

Reaction score
I just got unsuspended as well. Now I think the server is down again. Oh well. Everything should be back to normal soon

zen-r

Reaction score
I just got unsuspended as well. Now I think the server is down again. Oh well. Everything should be back to normal soon

Hey, nice sig!

You missed out an "r" though (I'll let you figure out where ;) )

Last edited:

manik

Reaction score
I did not log in either, did not upload stuff, there is quite low traffic, almost none due to vacation season here. still got suspended. Ridiculous :nuts:

tim smart

Reaction score
OK, I have just received this warning as well.

Before releasing (the Usage Metering), you REALLY REALLY should have released some documentation explaining what you can and can't do.

I have a hunch that I was suspended for using CURL operations to communicate with the Google Translate API, but at the end of the day, I don't know, and that is a bad place to be as a web developer. I have coded in a cache system even to reduce CURL operations, but unfortunately I got suspended before it had even kicked in...

So what I would like to see, and many others would too:
- Documentation explaining specific code operations that are likely to trigger suspension of this type.
- Example's of Web Software installations that will most likely result in a suspension.

I don't think I can rely on x10hosting Free Hosting again, as downtime is a extremely big no-no when it comes to a high quality web site. Not only does it reduce productivity for your users, but it makes you look bad. This applies especially for first-time users of your hosting service, as first impressions determine a lot.

Last edited:

rlodge

Reaction score
If you're suspended for high resource usage AFTER this post not earlier today or yesterday and you believe it is wrong please open a support ticket so we can look into it.

I know this says to submit a ticket for this but I've seen elsewhere that you shouldn't post multiple support tickets. I already have one in for other problems related to the move but now I get randomly suspended for high resource usage. At first it was no problem because when I unsuspended myself it would revert back to warning 1of 3 the next time I got suspended.

Tonight I got suspended, submitted an unsuspension request which almost immediately worked and almost as quickly I was suspended again with warning 2 of 3 this time. I was suspended today 8:02 PM, submitted an unsuspension request at 8:40 PM and was almost immediately unsuspended and then suspended again at 8:42 PM. submitted another unsuspend request at 9:33 PM and am now waiting for the unsuspension.

Is this one of those times to submit a ticket for the suspensions even though I have one in for other problems?

Thanks

BTW - I'm on Lotus.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
OK, I have just received this warning as well.

Before releasing (the Usage Metering), you REALLY REALLY should have released some documentation explaining what you can and can't do.

I have a hunch that I was suspended for using CURL operations to communicate with the Google Translate API, but at the end of the day, I don't know, and that is a bad place to be as a web developer. I have coded in a cache system even to reduce CURL operations, but unfortunately I got suspended before it had even kicked in...

So what I would like to see, and many others would too:
- Documentation explaining specific code operations that are likely to trigger suspension of this type.
- Example's of Web Software installations that will most likely result in a suspension.

I don't think I can rely on x10hosting Free Hosting again, as downtime is a extremely big no-no when it comes to a high quality web site. Not only does it reduce productivity for your users, but it makes you look bad. This applies especially for first-time users of your hosting service, as first impressions determine a lot.

I agree that more info would be useful, & perhaps some sort of meter that we could check on to see how close our sites are coming to the maximum resource usage thresholds.

Perhaps these things will come in time - staff are trying to achieve a lot at the moment in terms of server upgrades & other fixes, so it's hard to get everything done at once.

Two things you should bear in mind before casting judgement on x10's implementation of this high-usage meter ;

1) If you trip the meter, you can easily unsuspend yourself - so it's not the end of the world. Then you can check your site & do something to reduce it's demands on resources.

2) Most free webhosts severely limit your allowance of resources, & if they don't then you can expect lots of down-time as users abuse the resources & swamp the system. Most other providers also have worse facilities on offer than x10 in terms of PHP/MySQL/sitebuilders/ & of course cPanel.

Edit:

I know this says to submit a ticket for this but I've seen elsewhere that you shouldn't post multiple support tickets. I already have one in for other problems related to the move but now I get randomly suspended for high resource usage. At first it was no problem because when I unsuspended myself it would revert back to warning 1of 3 the next time I got suspended.

Tonight I got suspended, submitted an unsuspension request which almost immediately worked and almost as quickly I was suspended again with warning 2 of 3 this time. I was suspended today 8:02 PM, submitted an unsuspension request at 8:40 PM and was almost immediately unsuspended and then suspended again at 8:42 PM. submitted another unsuspend request at 9:33 PM and am now waiting for the unsuspension.

Is this one of those times to submit a ticket for the suspensions even though I have one in for other problems?

Thanks

BTW - I'm on Lotus.

If this is a separate issue from the last one in your last ticket, & you genuinely feel that the suspensions are in error, then I doubt that anyone would have a problem with you submitting another ticket. :)

Please click my Reputation button
reputation.gif
(at the corner of this post) & make me :) -it costs you nothing!

If I've traded services/credits with you, please remember to leave iTrader Feedback. Thanks.​

Last edited:

tim smart

Reaction score
1) If you trip the meter, you can easily unsuspend yourself - so it's not the end of the world. Then you can check your site & do something to reduce it's demands on resources.
While that is theoretically correct, what happens if I'm away for a few days, and someone wants to use my service?

The code I'm running requires at least 90% uptime, so unfortunately I will have to let this host pass. I thought I would give my 2 cents before leaving.

I have tried hosting the same code on http://www.hosthelpers.com/ , and have yet to run into a problem, so I might stick with that now.

nadish

Reaction score
Sir!!!

I never did anything that can cause high memory or CPU Usage. I'm running a simple wordpress blog but I got the message that my account has been suspended due to high CPU Usage...

Please can u indicate me which script or purpose cuased that high CUP usage on my site so I can fix that to prevent my account for any further Suspension???

Thanx n ReGARDS

all4God

Reaction score
I got a suspension for high-usage at some point over the last 12 hours, hadn't done anything new/different, and don't get huge traffic levels, so guessing like these others it is related to teething probs, hoping it get sorted pronto, atm i am considering looking into a new host tbh, getting a bit fed up of the almost constant downtime on my site over the past couple of weeks

davearonson

Reaction score
was recently moved to lotus after my account got deleted from cossacks accidently during the upgrade process.

Did they at least bother to TELL you? Nobody told me that for quite some time, my site's DNS was pointing at the WHOLE WRONG DAMN IP ADDRESS.

And, oh, yeah, I too got suspended for resource over-usage... though I have nothing but static html (well, a few bits of javascript) and a few small images. And didn't find out about it until FIVE DAYS LATER, when I went to look at something on my site.

x10 was great when I first came on board, about two years ago I think it was. I even sent in money for the double-everything, TWICE. Things have gone far downhill, very fast. Horrible reliability, taking away features (including one that resulted in all my email getting bounced), moving stuff to new IP addresses with zero notice even after the fact, and closing support tickets when the problem has not been addressed at all let alone resolved. Unless things return to some semblance of sanity soon, I'm outta here.

(Big hint to the manglement: A happy customer MAY tell a friend, but an UNhappy customer almost ALWAYS tells the WORLD! And don't think that "free" means "not a customer".....)

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.