Something curious in vBCommerce

redivy

Reaction score
So, I created this shop that I decided I would update every once in a while. Anyways, as I was browsing through other shops about a month later, I see shops that use the same icon (that I had created in about 10 seconds in PhotoShop) as the shop that I made, called "Red Ivy's GFX Shop", or "RIGS". These shops are Hackerz Gaming, and Raffle Ticket Booth. Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?

If it isn't just me seeing this, then I would like to know if taking a logo from another 'shop' in the vBCommerce is against the rules or not. As easy as the logo was to make, I still do not appreciate people using it for their own shop.

Oh, and on an un-related note, I can't seem to add items to my shop anymore (that... or I have forgotten). Would you please tell me where to add items to my shop? That would be appreciated.

Thanks.

~Chris

Last edited:

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
vB commerce never allowed for users to add items. Only moderators and higher have those privliages.

zen-r

Reaction score
Lol. I see what you mean about the stolen icon. I wonder why they did that - it's not as if RIGS are the right initial letters for their own shops!

Raffle Ticket Booth was created by TPI007, who hasn't been active on the forums since March. I note that the other site's owner hasn't been activate since March either, so perhaps both accounts were created by the same person.

Either way, if the theft bothers you, you could always report the shops/owners to x10 staff to see if they are prepared to delete the icons for you. :)

(regarding the other question, I've never used a shop so probably I'm not the best person to help you with that. Anyone else got the answer?.....)

Last edited:

xnoddyx1

Reaction score
So, I created this shop that I decided I would update every once in a while. Anyways, as I was browsing through other shops about a month later, I see shops that use the same icon (that I had created in about 10 seconds in PhotoShop) as the shop that I made, called "Red Ivy's GFX Shop", or "RIGS". These shops are Hackerz Gaming, and Raffle Ticket Booth. Is anyone else seeing this, or is it just me?

If it isn't just me seeing this, then I would like to know if taking a logo from another 'shop' in the vBCommerce is against the rules or not. As easy as the logo was to make, I still do not appreciate people using it for their own shop.

Oh, and on an un-related note, I can't seem to add items to my shop anymore (that... or I have forgotten). Would you please tell me where to add items to my shop? That would be appreciated.

Thanks.

~Chris

if you have something that resembles this then thay cant just take it as that will be copyright theft
Code:
1. The content of this website is the sole property of johnm. All intellectual property rights existing in this site 
(including without limitation any copyright and design right) belong exclusively to johnm.
You may download pages of this website to a local disk or other storage media and you may print off extracts of this site 
and share both within your organisation strictly on the basis that you do not do so for profit and on the condition that johnm.
copyright notice is preserved at all times.

redivy

Reaction score
Lol. I see what you mean about the stolen icon. I wonder why they did that - it's not as if RIGS are the right initial letters for their own shops!

Raffle Ticket Booth was created by TPI007, who hasn't been active on the forums since March. I note that the other site's owner hasn't been activate since March either, so perhaps both accounts were created by the same person.

Either way, if the theft bothers you, you could always report the shops/owners to x10 staff to see if they are prepared to delete the icons for you. :)

(regarding the other question, I've never used a shop so probably I'm not the best person to help you with that. Anyone else got the answer?.....)
Yes... the curious thing is that these shops were last updated before I had created my shop. So, I'm not sure how exactly they stole my logo, although, I know that I had created that logo in PhotoShop :hsughr: