New Premium Hosting + VPS Plans! (Coupons!)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

We have just revamped all of our paid hosting and VPS plans to be more competitive with the current market. If you've been waiting to sign-up, now is the time! We're also releasing coupon codes to make getting one of these plans even easier... this is the first time EVER we have allowed for discounts off of our already low priced services.

Please check out this link for premium hosting packages: http://x10hosting.com/premium.php
With the following coupon code the Static package will only be $1 for the first month. So for only $1 you will be able to test out our paid services and see how much better they are than free ;).

Static Coupon Code, First Month $1: PREMIUMPR1
Advanced Coupon Code, First Month $2: PREMIUMPR2
Corporate Coupon Code, First Month $3: PREMIUMPR3

On to the VPSs, the new packages can be seen here: http://x10hosting.com/vps.php

We are giving everyone 75% off of their first month on a VPS package, just use this code: VPSPR1

Please note, coupons are only valid for the base package, the discount will not apply to add-ons such as dedicated IPs or cPanel licenses on VPSs.

These coupon codes are valid for one week only. The prices above are introductory only and may be raised in the future. As always the price you pay when you order is the price it stays, we never raise prices on current customers.

Coupons are only valid for new orders

-Corey

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
:eek:. Nice offer. I would go for a VPS if I only had an idea what I should do with it :D

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I could use a VPS about now, but I'm not sure if it will do what I want it to do. Is there anyone here who uses this service who can answer a couple quick questions about it?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I could use a VPS about now, but I'm not sure if it will do what I want it to do. Is there anyone here who uses this service who can answer a couple quick questions about it?

I have used it. Shouldn't be any problem for you as the OS is linux ;)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not worrying about that. My question is what is required to view it remotely. Will any vnc software work?

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not worrying about that. My question is what is required to view it remotely. Will any vnc software work?

I'm not sure if vnc would work, but I think I saw some tutorial posted by Russ somewhere.

I use SSH trough puTTy when I do VPS stuff xD

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe so... there was a guy on IRC that was about to do that... I'll check my logs to find his username. Maybe he could help you.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I'll shoot then. It's always fun playing around with a new linux installation.
Edit:
Now how do I access lxaadmin?

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
To access LXAdmin you need to rebuild the VPS with the 'centos-5-i386-hostinabox576' image. Then you can access it by going to http://yourip:7777 using admin/admin as the login, if memory serves me correct.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
o man, I was about to buy a VPS like last week.
thank god I waited.
now im gonna have to buy one soon.

and look at that, I can also get cPanel with the lowest one now...
but I thought before cPanel used to be just a one-time fee?

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
o man, I was about to buy a VPS like last week.
thank god I waited.
now im gonna have to buy one soon.

and look at that, I can also get cPanel with the lowest one now...
but I thought before cPanel used to be just a one-time fee?

No, it's always been a low, monthly fee.

allofus

Reaction score

Yes,
I have a VPS with x10, just placed a order for an upgrade considering the new super prices.

Great service that just got 'waaaaay' cheaper.

http://forums.x10hosting.com/groups/vps-service-users.html
I started this group a few days ago as a place for us to assist one another with the VPS. Maybe we can support one another there?.
Edit:
lxadmin is the default setup with the VPS unless you opt for cpanel.

Well it was when I signed up.

Webmin is a viable alternative if you do not want centos in favour of fedora, debian or ubunto, gentoo, suse.

Honestly though, lxadmin is a good starting place but as you progress and become more familiar with command line and SSH you will likely opt for a distro without it.

If you screw up there is always the auto-backup that reinstalls in like 1 minute.

Putty is your friend, winscp too, these 2 programs are actually really easy to use once you have figured out what the basic commands are. Well worth the learning curve. Bargain too. You can now have your own VPS for the cost of a shared server, amazing really.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score

allofus

Reaction score
Exactly. My question simply put is can I use a vnc server on my computer to remotely access a set up like this: http://forums.x10hosting.com/vps-tutorials/94084-kde-gnome-your-x10-vps.html on my vps.

I think you answered your own question...

but,

http://clients.x10hosting.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=5
When you sign up you get access to the knowledgebase and there is a tutorial for how to do exactly what you want to do. This is the same tutorial that you linked to.

A lot of your resources eaten up though I suspect. The default hostinabox centos / lxadmin is a web gui, not desktop gui though and does most of the server admin tasks at a few clicks. There is also access to SSH in HyperVM so installing programs is not essential for the 'out-of-the-box' setup.

If all else fails and you get stuck you can always ask for help in the forums, I have done several times and got all the help I needed, ish.

At less than $10 a month you have not got a lot to lay out just to get the learning curve out of the way, play around and find which OS combo works best for you. That is exactly what I did, bought into the lowest (tiny) package and figured out what did what before maxing it out and needing more...

Have fun...

bacho12

Reaction score
Unmetered?

No, really how much space we have, or restrictions?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well.
according to dictionary.com
metered means "To supply in a measured or regulated amount"
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/metered

so adding the "un" to it would make it
"To supply in a un-measured or un-regulated amount"

xD, just thought I would throw that it for kicks
but really you would probably have maybe 100GBs atleast, I don't anybody that has that much data, unless you are hosting files, videos, so forth and so forth

and you got to remember, these are on a shared server, so if one guy decides to upload a whopping 1TB of 1s and 0s. then everybody else has to suffer to, because that guy just ate up 1TB of potentially your disk space

and Corey can always add/upgrade more HDDs to the data servers, or get a new server.

Last edited: