Amendment to changes

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
After checking the data for a few days I've amended the latest changes for a bit...

Users with 1 post are now able to give rep -- This being that a lot of users requesting support are new and only have a single post. This is generally were the most rep should come from, the support forums.

The forum addict group can now escalate tickets... if you're in this group you should see a blue escalate button at the bottom and top of each thread. This will escalate the ticket to the support helpdesk if you believe the user can not be helped by the community.

-Corey

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good. :)

/me likes it.

When do the changes take effect? I am not able to see the escalate button. =/

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Same here. I also do not see it.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
You should see it on the Support sections (Ex: Free Hosting).
Check if you see it, it's located next to the "Post Reply" button.

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
It's there now. Something was messed up. Currently working w/ Corey to fix an error.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I like the new updates, it's a good way to expedite the support system.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Users with 1 post are now able to give rep -- This being that a lot of users requesting support are new and only have a single post. This is generally were the most rep should come from, the support forums.

Are you going to follow through with the idea you had on the IRC for people with 0 posts being able to give reputation? It pains me to see people adding to my reputation for my excessively thorough welcome in the Introductions board, but me not getting any points for it. :p

Last edited:

felabria

Reaction score
sounds alright, althrough this is just a new acc because my old gave up (too long inactivity) even my forums account :S

briapv

Reaction score
Huh... WORKS AGAIN(i mean my old account[i really mean my forums account only :p]) gonna try to reactivate, oh ye delete my new acc :p

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
sounds alright, althrough this is just a new acc because my old gave up (too long inactivity) even my forums account :S

Huh... WORKS AGAIN(i mean my old account[i really mean my forums account only :p]) gonna try to reactivate, oh ye delete my new acc :p

Because it is against the terms and conditions to have multiple forum accounts, you will want to get your new account deleted as soon as possible. Please file a support ticket asking for deletion, and someone will elevate it to a staff member.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you going to follow through with the idea you had on the IRC for people with 0 posts being able to give reputation? It pains me to see people adding to my reputation for my excessively thorough welcome in the Introductions board, but me not getting any points for it. :p
that's cheating! wait for me to start welcoming new people as well!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
that's cheating! wait for me to start welcoming new people as well!

I don't think you'll be able to get as thorough as I get welcoming people without starting to write an epic novel for every newcomer.