Unable access site from browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucia1

Reaction score
Today, I took down my old site and replaced it with another site. Now when I go to my site at http://ventana.x10hosting/, I get a page that only has: index/. I am assuming that I placed my files in the wrong folder.

They are currently situated in /home/ user folder/. I tried the folders public_html and www. My old site was placed directly on the www folder and it worked. Now when I use FTP to up load files, I must make a user folder, e.g. /home/user folder/, and place my site files in the folder named user folder or the server will not accept the files. The other problem is that I cannot access my files using a browser because the files cannot be accessed via the web. Can anyone who has experienced this help me. I think that my files may be in the wrong directory.

venkatesun

Reaction score
once you have copied using ftp to up load files on the home/user folder try to move files from user folder to the public_html folder may be you have wrongly placed your files. If it helps please let me know.

Today, I took down my old site and replaced it with another site. Now when I go to my site at http://ventana.x10hosting/, I get a page that only has: index/. I am assuming that I placed my files in the wrong folder.

They are currently situated in /home/ user folder/. I tried the folders public_html and www. My old site was placed directly on the www folder and it worked. Now when I use FTP to up load files, I must make a user folder, e.g. /home/user folder/, and place my site files in the folder named user folder or the server will not accept the files. The other problem is that I cannot access my files using a browser because the files cannot be accessed via the web. Can anyone who has experienced this help me. I think that my files may be in the wrong directory.

lucia1

Reaction score
once you have copied using ftp to up load files on the home/user folder try to move files from user folder to the public_html folder may be you have wrongly placed your files. If it helps please let me know.
I tried that and it did not work for me.
Thank you.
Edit:
I tried that and it did not work for me.
Thank you.

During the first move, I moved the entire folder via FTP to public_html as a sub-folder. After getting some sleep, I returned and deleted the sub folder folder from public_html. Then I placed only the files into the public_html folder, and voila, I have the site on the web. It needs some more work, but I have accomplished getting it on the web. Thank you and I have to figure out how to transfer some of my credits to you that I earned about a month ago. :drool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.